IGN: Video Game News, Reviews, Guides
By IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The latest video game news and reviews, piped into your pocket from the world's #1 source, IGN. A must-have app for gamers, movie buffs, TV binge watchers and comic fans
The official IGN app for iOS features:
- Wiki guides and walkthroughs -- In-depth support for getting through The Legend of Zelda, Mass Effect Andromeda, Grand Theft Auto, The Witcher 3 and more
- Video game and movie reviews -- Learn more about the latest releases in games, movies, television, tech and comics
- Watch all of IGN's video shows
- Today Screen integration
- iMessage stickers!
Grab the app and learn a little along the way.
This Universal app works on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. (Be sure to check out our Apple TV app, too!)
What's New in Version 5.0.5
This version primarily addresses issues encountered during E3. Are you ready for SDCC to start yet? We are!
- Fixes a crash issue when images don't have a height or width
- Support for rich text in captions of slideshows
- Fixed issues where we didn't properly localize stories for UK and Australian users
- Added video playlist slug to the data layer when applicable (For real!)
- Fixed an issue with some notifications that would show 'k' as their description
That's all for now. k?
New look makes things difficult
With the updated look to the app added several months ago, I am now no longer able to find things quickly that I am looking for. One thing I really liked is able to search reviews by system. Now I just get a list of reviews that includes all systems together. I like to be able to look up old reviews (that may be over a year old) to see what was said about a game I'm looking at that may be on sale now. When I use the search function I can't put any parameters in to help either. The new app is by no means terrible, it just can't do the amount of things it used to be able to.
No landscape mode... videos don't play... マジかよ！？
UPDATE: more than 2 months have passed since my original review, and still no landscape mode for iPad.... and as of the last update, now videos no longer play (9.7 pro).
Even the IGN website browser (ios safari) freezes up on an endless "Advertisement, please wait..." message every time i click on a video....
Ive been with IGN since the days that they were printed magazines & recently, they've gone from the first gaming source that I used to check multiple times daily to one I now just skip over due to constant technical headaches with their app & website... 😢 ...everything worked great up until 2-3 months ago....
Going downhill fast
I've had this app for five years plus. Every update seems to completely break or change something that worked. Now none of it works. My profile has been reset multiple times. Login issues persist. But the worst offender is lack of landscape mode. Why? Don't you know that most people use landscape?? I primarily use my iPad in landscape. Whenever I open this app, my iPad freaks out and is forced into vertical. So until this app is patched to include landscape, then I will cease using it. If it is not done in a timely manner then I will delete this app. I am using the updated version of this app on an iPad Pro 10.5
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 28, 2017
- Version: 5.0.5
- Size: 60.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IGN Entertainment, Inc.
- © 1996-2017, IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Adopter Bonus$0.99