iGutenberg is my self-contained Project Gutenberg ebook reader.
It has within it the text of about 28,100 free books. After it is installed, iGutenberg neither requires nor uses Internet access.
iGutenberg lets you instantly search for books by title or author's name.
iGutenberg can read any book out loud to you using Siri's pleasant voice. If you're interrupted, it can pick up later where you left off. It thereby transforms 28,100 books into audio books.
You can search for text within a book.
When you're reading a book and you like it, iGutenberg lets you email a copy to a friend.
This app lets you have multiple books open at once in separate tabs, and it remembers what is in each tab if you exit the app. It remembers where you were in each book.
iGutenberg is useful to people who live in countries where censorship and surveillance present a personal risk. iGutenberg does not transmit information about what you read or when.
iGutenberg is a large app, about 3½ GB, so make sure you download it via WiFi.
iGutenberg does not contain the entire English-language Project Gutenberg library; it excludes numerous books due to objectionable language and topic matter, and quality concerns.
Added support for dark mode (Smart Invert in Accessibility).
Added support for iPhone X, Xs, Xr, Xs max.
- Zack Smith
- 3.6 GB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © App 2017-2018 by Zack Smith, contents by Project Gutenberg
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.