iHikeGPS - USA Topo Maps
By James Associates Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Makes your iPhone or WiFi+Cellular iPad into a high-performance GPS receiver with both USGS & recently updated US Forest Service topo maps, even where there is no cell signal! Full featured with no subscription or in-app purchase required.
FOREVER-FREE TOPO MAPS
▶ USA: 24K USGS and US Forest Service topo maps. Store both on your iPhone for more complete information
▶ Almost all Forest Service maps were updated in 2011 or later
▶ Prominently displayed Forest Service Road numbers make all the difference in the world for finding your way around the back country
▶ Southern Alberta & British Columbia: 50K NRC topo maps south of 52° latitude + Jasper & Prince Albert National Parks
▶ Stitches maps together for seamless coverage across map boundaries
▶ Highest resolution, most detailed topo maps available anywhere
▶ Maps from our server have a shorter download time, use less of your monthly data allotment, & take up less memory on your iOS device
▶ Beautiful map images with no blur, no compression artifacts
▶ Download over WiFi or cell service. Store up to 500 maps to use anytime in the wilderness without cell service
TRACKS, WAYPOINTS & ROUTES
▶ Records a track on the map and shows an elevation graph of your hike. Choose to record a track in the background even when the iOS device is asleep or when using another app
▶ View date, time & average speed of track points
▶ Mark waypoints using a convenient button on the map screen. Refine the waypoint position when you arrive
▶ Create a waypoint by tapping a geotagged photo
▶ Set a quick “Go To” waypoint or a full route and see the heading, direction, distance & Estimated Time of Arrival
▶ Import and Export GPX files of waypoints, routes & tracks via eMail or iTunes
▶ Show an elevation graph for any route made from a track which includes altitude data
▶ Uses Glonass+GPS satellites for improved accuracy with iPhone 4S, iPad 3, iPad mini and later
SET IT UP AS YOU LIKE
▶ Miles, nautical miles or km. Feet or meters
▶ Degrees, Degrees/Minutes, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds or UTM
▶ °True or °Magnetic
▶ Tap “Help” for immediate easy-to-follow guides
▶ Online Manual available on our web site
▶ Email developer: lwjames@iHikeGPS.com
▶ Follow us on Twitter: @iHikeGPS
WHAT OTHERS SAY
● “I want to tell you I am VERY impressed!!!…It pretty much blows… , my previous fave GPS app, out of the water. Your track recording features, fast map downloads, and well thought out interface make it a real winner. It's very sophisticated software, and makes my iPhone just about as good as $600 Garmin Montana. Actually better, in a lot of ways.” - John in OR
● “GREAT APP! I have been using this for a few weeks now and am really loving the interface, the maps and the features you've provided.” - Laurie in TX
● “Perfect for anyone camping, fishing, and hiking, it'll provide great detail when you need it the most. It's a great app for anyone takes the great outdoors seriously.” - David on handhelditems.com
● “Wow, iHikeGPS is really well done… makes the iPhone (or iPad) actually useful as a hiking GPS.” - Yooper on forum.ih8mud.com
● “I just wanted to thank you for developing IHIKEGPS and to tell you what a great product it is. I am impressed! You have done a terrific job in developing this app…I use it hiking, biking, skiing, and Jeeping.” - Ammon in CO
● Support all functions in iHikeGPS: iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4S, 4 & 3GS, all cellular+WiFi iPads
● The iPod touch and WiFi-only iPads require an iOS-compatible external GPS receiver to show your location in the wilderness and to record tracks. You can view maps using the iOS device alone
● Not supported: original iPhone, iPhone 3, and 1st & 2nd gen iPod touch
● No device requires a cellular data plan to use iHikeGPS
● Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Your dream of hiking adventures reaches new heights with iHikeGPS
What's New in Version 4.3
• View the Elevation Profile for routes made from recorded tracks
• Updated for iOS 7.1
Great mapping App.
I use this on my iPhone and my iPad out the field (mostly work in and around Big Bend National Park and various other field trips). It is extremely useful and works like a charm. I highly recommend it.
Mr Sheridan Goutermout
If it wasn't for this app on my iPhone I would not go on the treks I do in the northern woods . It's easy to use , accurate and I highly recommend it to anyone who ventures into the woods.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 25, 2014
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: James Associates Inc.
- © 2014 James Associates Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.