iHikeGPS - USA Topo Maps
By James Associates Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Makes your iPhone or WiFi+Cellular iPad into a high-performance GPS receiver with USA topo maps, even with no cell signal!
The only subscription-free topo app with both USGS & recently updated US Forest Service maps.
FOREVER-FREE TOPO MAPS
▶ USA: 24K USGS and US Forest Service topo maps. Store both on your iPhone for more complete information.
▶ Almost all Forest Service maps were updated in 2011 or later
▶ Prominently displayed Forest Service Road numbers make all the difference in the world for finding your way around the back country.
▶ Southern Alberta & British Columbia: 50K NRC topo maps south of 52° latitude + Jasper & Prince Albert National Parks
▶ Stitches maps together for seamless coverage across map boundaries
▶ Highest resolution, most detailed topo maps available anywhere
▶ Maps from our server have a shorter download time, use less of your monthly data allotment, & take up less memory on your iOS device
▶ Beautiful map images with no blur, no compression artifacts
▶ Download over WiFi or cell service. Store up to 500 maps to use anytime in the wilderness without cell service
TRACKS, WAYPOINTS & ROUTES
▶ Records a track on the map and shows an elevation graph of your hike. Choose to record a track in the background even when the iOS device is asleep or when using another app
▶ View date, time & average speed of track points
▶ Mark waypoints using a convenient button on the map screen. Refine the waypoint position when you arrive
▶ Create a waypoint by tapping a geotagged photo
▶ Set a quick “Go To” waypoint or a full route and see the heading, direction, distance & Estimated Time of Arrival
▶ Import and Export GPX files of waypoints, routes & tracks via eMail or iTunes
▶ Uses Glonass+GPS satellites for improved accuracy with iPhone 4S, iPad 3, iPad mini and later.
SET IT UP AS YOU LIKE
▶ Miles, nautical miles or km. Feet or meters
▶ Degrees, Degrees/Minutes, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds or UTM
▶ °True or °Magnetic
▶ Tap “Help” for immediate easy-to-follow guides
▶ Email developer: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT OTHERS SAY
● “I want to tell you I am VERY impressed!!!…It pretty much blows… , my previous fave GPS app, out of the water. Your track recording features, fast map downloads, and well thought out interface make it a real winner. It's very sophisticated software, and makes my iPhone just about as good as $600 Garmin Montana. Actually better, in a lot of ways.” - John in OR
● “GREAT APP! I have been using this for a few weeks now and am really loving the interface, the maps and the features you've provided.” - Laurie in TX
● “Perfect for anyone camping, fishing, and hiking, it'll provide great detail when you need it the most. It's a great app for anyone takes the great outdoors seriously.” - David on handhelditems.com
● “Wow, iHikeGPS is really well done… makes the iPhone (or iPad) actually useful as a hiking GPS.” - Yooper on forum.ih8mud.com
● “I just wanted to thank you for developing IHIKEGPS and to tell you what a great product it is. I am impressed! You have done a terrific job in developing this app…I use it hiking, biking, skiing, and Jeeping.” - Ammon in CO
● Support all functions in iHikeGPS: iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4S, 4 & 3GS, all cellular+WiFi iPads
● The iPod touch and WiFi-only iPads require an iOS-compatible external GPS receiver to show your location in the wilderness and to record tracks. You can view maps using the iOS device alone
● Not supported: original iPhone, iPhone 3, and 1st & 2nd gen iPod touch
● No device requires a cellular data plan to use iHikeGPS
● Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Your dream of hiking adventures reaches new heights with iHikeGPS
What's New in Version 4.2
• Beautiful new iOS 7 Interface.
• Stop track recording automatically when you drive away from the trailhead.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 01, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: James Associates Inc.
- © 2014 James Associates Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.