iHome+Sleep, the alarm clock app from the experts on alarm clocks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iHome+Sleep is the award-winning*, feature-rich alarm clock for iOS devices from iHome. iHome+Sleep requires iOS 6.0 or later on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. For extensive information about iHome apps and app-enhanced products, visit us at http://www.ihomeaudio.com/apps.
iHome+Sleep is the most feature rich alarm clock app for iOS. Including many ways to enhance your sleep lifestyle, including:
• Fully customizable alarm manager
• Nap alarms
• Gentle wake
• Wake and Sleep volume control
• Wake and Sleep to iPod library
• Wake and Sleep to Internet Radio (requires TuneIn account) * this feature is currently unsupported, a fix will be submitted soon to restore the usability
• Wake and Sleep to Zen Sounds (requires .99¢ iHome Zen app. **PLEASE NOTE: This feature requires an iCloud account! You must be logged in to iCloud to get Zen sounds in iHome Sleep!**)
• Full screen clock display with custom photo backgrounds
• Sleep statistics and editable sleep log
• Wake and Sleep reminders
iHome+Sleep and related app-enhanced products have won numerous awards, including:
• 2010 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award (iA5)
• 2011 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award (iA100)
• 2011 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award (iA63)
• iLounge's CES 2010 Best of Show (iHome+Sleep, iA100)
• iLounge's CES 2010 Best of Show Finalist (iA5)
• Chicago Tribune: Gadget Roundup's Gadget of the Year 2010 (iA100)
• iLounge's 2010 Clock Radio of the Year (iA100)
• iLounge's 2010 iPad/iPhone/iPod Accessory of the Year (iA100)
The Innovations Design and Engineering Award is based upon descriptive materials submitted to the judges. CEA did not verify the accuracy of any submission or of any claims made and did not test the item to which the award was given.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
• Use TuneIn as a Bedtime or Wakeup sound
• Ads are removed when you connect your device to iHome hardware
• Bug fixes
Better Graphics - Reduced Functionality
"One step forward, two steps back" sums it up for me.
The graphics are an improvement but placing form before function is a disappointing decision.
1. Prior to the upgrade I could activate iHome Sleep, place my phone in the charger and the app would stay active on the screen serving as a nice bedside clock. Now my iHome Sleep app times out unless I swipe the "bedtime" slide button and I have to reactivate the screen when I am ready to go to sleep. In other words, the app can no longer be used as a bedside clock.
2. I can no longer activate the "bedtime" slide button if all alarms are off. What if I want to sleep in without an alarm waking me up? I either have to manually enter my sleep stats for that sleep period or enter a fictitious alarm to fool the app. Either is a nuisance.
3. The dimmable background light makes the clock numerals difficult to read due to the hazy glow. A dark background without the glow would be much better and closer to what is was before.
Overall, it is a still a decent app. However, it is disappointing the desire for improved graphics overrode the desire/ability to maintain better function.
A few problems...
Overall the app is good but, when I want to go to sleep, I cannot slide a sleep bar (in the tips and tricks section there shows a sleep bar so it can track your stats, which I have with an alarm). It says there is no alarm set and tap here to set an alarm. There is no option for me to slide and go to sleep without an alarm. But, otherwise...the app is pretty good. Possibly some new backgrounds and better quality would be great but the app over all is decent. I love the Zen sounds for bedtime. It really helps you fall asleep!
UPDATE - Still not working with TuneIn
I received a response from iHome support telling me to use the "Heart" icon to select a favorite station and it will appear in the iHome app... the problem is this functionality was replaced in Tune In's release 6.0 by a list of "Followed" stations in the user's profile (current Tune In Release is 6.2).
Downloaded the new version as soon as it was available to check the TuneIn integration... unfortunately it is still not functional. After setting an alarm, selecting TuneIn and logging into my account, the app indicates "Fetching Favorites", and then shows "No stations available". I submitted a support request on the iHome web site.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 02, 2014
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 43.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SDI Technologies
- © 2014 SDI Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Experience$0.99