iImprov - Bebop
By Jazz Apps Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iImprov - Bebop
This latest in the iImprov series from Jazz Apps Mobile is designed to help take the mystery out of the language of Bebop. There are 9 comprehensive lessons and 8 JAM- A-longs.
Each lesson contains a detailed explanation as well as exercises, transposable notation and tempo-adjustable audio examples. Many of the concepts are also demoed by saxophonist Tony Bray at the end of the lessons.
The topics covered include:
- How to fully realize the bebop scale through strategic placement of half steps to ultimately include all twelve notes of the chromatic scale while maintaining appropriate chord colors.
- How to develop longer phrases.
- Turnarounds and chord substitutions. (Includes tempo adjustable examples that loop and transpose for practicing over.)
- A breakdown of the Confirmation sequence. - Various approaches to playing over I Got Rhythm changes.
JAM-A-longs include individually created files for each key. Each will loop indefinitely, all keys are covered and tempos are adjustable. The included JAM-A-longs are:
- II V I
- I Got Rhythm 1
- I Got Rhythm 2
- Confirmation Sequence
- Turnaround 1
- Turnaround 2
- Turnaround 3
As with other other Jazz Apps Mobile apps, you can set the notation clef and the overall transposition for your specific instrument and there is balance control for the JAM-A-Longs.
What's New in Version 1.1
Converted the audio examples from swing 8th to straight, and migrated to ios8.
All of the iimprov apps are awesome. This one is no exception. Highly recommend.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 05, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jazz Apps Mobile LLC
- © 2012 Jazz Apps Mobile LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.