Mango IRC HD - Chat client
By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private messages.
Mango IRC HD is a completely redesigned chat client for your iPad and with Mango IRC also a great companion for your iPhone or iPod. Desktop version for Mac OS X is available in the Mac AppStore. You can keep in touch with your friends, developers or get support anywhere on the go.
* You can connect to multiple servers at a time
* You can now connect to SSL secured servers
* You can join multiple channels at a time
* Private one-to-one chats
* Nickname and IRC command completion for faster typing
* Notifications showing you who joined or left the channel
* Notifications when you receive private message or somebody mentions you in different channel
* Messages are highlighted if somebody mentions you
* Tab based interface for each channel with notification badges so you won't miss anything important
* Built-in browser in a tab so you don't have to leave the app when opening URLs
* Visual user information (WHOIS)
* Nickname coloring so you're better oriented in public chats
* Console for important information received from IRC servers
* User list for each channel
* Network search for available channels
* URL hilighting with support for clipboard copying or opening in Safari
* Configurable fonts and text size
* Multitasking support on iOS 4.0+
* Both portrait and landscape modes (with option to lock orientation)
* Optional fullscreen mode with hidden statusbar
* Chat logging available for transfer to your computer using iTunes File Sharing
What's New in Version 2.3.1
* Connection troubles fixes
I really wanted to like this app. ithas a lot of great features, but I feel likeI wasted my money. I am an op in a chatroom, so logging is kind of a big deal for me, especially if I need to reference a log later. This app says it does that, however, with the option selected, it stil isn't saving chat logs, and every time I am on, I have to remember to select it again. That is my Major complaint. the minor ones are that it doesn't recognize the chat colors and just randomly assigns it's own. if I could even set certain people to use certain colors, it woulnd't be so bad, but the haphazzard way it selects colors is frustrating and annoying. It also has issues with people DC and reconnecting, and sometimes shows multiples of the same name after a while. and finally, the chat tabs at the top for different channels are the width of the name of the channel, or nick of a person you query. as a result, short channel names get closed accidentally a LOT, and the same obviously goes for short nicks. my attempts to get support hanv't worked, and I did what it said to do, and sat in an empty chatroom. Very unsatisfied with this app.
Normally great, but...
Been using this app for a few months now, and it has served me great until recently. The latest OS update has made this app instantly crash on startup. Please fix!
All of my devices every time it starts to load then crashes. Uninstalled reinstalled. Guessing is because they have not updated in a long time so not fully compatible with current OS.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 14, 2013
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Kanzelsberger
- © 2010-2013 Mediaware, s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.