iKanji touch - Japanese JLPT Kanji Study Tool
By ThinkMac Software
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iKanji touch is a powerful kanji study and training tool covering over 2,000 JLPT and school grade jouyou kanji.
- Kanji are grouped by grade and JLPT and subdivided into sets of 20 for easy practice.
- Includes 2010 jouyou kanji.
- Reference ‘cards’ for each kanji with readings, stroke count, radical etc.
- Vocabulary browser with JLPT based sets
- Hear vocabulary pronounced using the Japanese text-to-speech facility
- List of example compounds for each kanji.
- Leitner System based spaced repetition Teach Me mode.
- Reading test to quiz you on kanji readings (onyomi and kunyomi).
- Meaning test to practice your ability to recognise the English meaning of a given kanji.
- Compound test to complete words by filling in the missing kanji.
- Stroke order test to practice writing kanji (not available for all kanji yet).
- Search for kanji by readings, stroke count, meaning or radical.
- Ability to create multiple practice sets and track wrongly answered kanji.
- Extras store where you can purchase additional features to tailor iKanji touch to your needs
Please note all kanji readings (onyomi and kunyomi) are in hiragana and katakana only. Romaji is not used in this application.
*JLPT sets are based on kanji usually taught at these levels and are not based on official listings for current tests.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Fixes an issue with in app purchase
- Some minor tweaks and improvements
Worth the money
I enjoy using this app. I think it's good for kanji recognition, not so much for being able to reproduce kanji on paper, but it definitely has improved my reading ability. One issue: some of the characters seem to be missing important readings, and I don't know why that is. The character 為 for instance does not include the reading 「ため」, which I would think is one of the most common readings? This app is otherwise so useful, it would be great if they could improve this issue.
This is my favorite kanji study app. Clean, easy to use and highly customizable, this has everything I need for study. The custom study lists also let me target study for specific textbooks which has saved me mountains of time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 10, 2016
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 28.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rory Prior
- © 2009-2016 ThinkMac Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Kanji Drawing Practice$0.99
- Kana Chart$0.99