IKEA Place uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer. See below for iPad compatibility.
IKEA Place lets you virtually 'place' IKEA products in your space.
The app includes 3D and true-to-scale models of everything from sofas and armchairs to footstools and coffee tables. IKEA Place gives you an accurate impression of the furniture’s size, design and functionality in your home so you can stop wondering and start doing.
To use the app:
- Make sure the room is well lit and hold your smartphone at waist level
- Scan an empty piece of floor by moving your device around
- Search the list of available products and select one
- Find an empty spot in the room, rotate and place the product there
- Select other products and add them to your room to make a new Place.
The app lets also you share your 'place' with social apps like WhatsApp or Instagram. And ultimately, order your products through IKEA Store. Look out for updates as more IKEA products and additional functionality arriving soon.
We've improved and added a few things throughout the app:
- Faster scanning: With ARKit2 scanning the room is now quicker and more accurate than ever!
- New colour picker: Easily switch colours and style of the furniture you've placed (available on certain products only).
- Product updates: Every item now has detailed product information.
If you like using IKEA Place, we'd appreciate it if you could leave a review in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Visualize how new furniture would look in your home with AR.
Objects come out wrong size
The app does not re-scan the area every time before placing the object on the matrix. This is a very obnoxious problem as the app works well otherwise but there is no way for the user to fix the problem without deleting and re downloading the app again. This issue needs to be fixed for the iPad and other iOS devices as this issue renders the app unusable
Developer Response ,
Hej Carlos. Minimizing the application should trigger a rescan. When objects come out the wrong size it's most often an issue with the scan. The best solution to this issue is to minimize the app to trigger a rescan and then make sure that the floor is well lit, tidy and free of reflections. If we understand your issue correctly then this should solve it. If you continue to experience issue then don't hesitate to reach out again.
Hello. I have looked at this app again after the update came out and noticed the problem has been fixed. Thank you so much to the developers and I look forward to using this app when I need it. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Hej. At this stage, commands don't work on this app. We're happy to hear that your prior issue has been solved and we hope you'll enjoy using IKEA Place in the future.
- Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
- 118.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.