IKEA Place uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer. See below for iPad compatibility.
IKEA Place lets you virtually 'place' IKEA products in your space.
The app includes 3D and true-to-scale models of everything from sofas and armchairs to footstools and coffee tables. IKEA Place gives you an accurate impression of the furniture’s size, design and functionality in your home so you can stop wondering and start doing.
To use the app:
- Make sure the room is well lit and hold your smartphone at waist level
- Scan an empty piece of floor by moving your device around
- Search the list of available products and select one
- Find an empty spot in the room, rotate and place the product there
- Select other products and add them to your room to make a new Place.
The app lets also you share your 'place' with social apps like WhatsApp or Instagram. And ultimately, order your products through IKEA Store. Look out for updates as more IKEA products and additional functionality arriving soon.
With this release we've improved a few things. This includes visual and navigation updates as well as better performance when placing furniture. It is now also possible to opt in to receive notifications for the latest IKEA PLACE news.
Ratings and Reviews
Works good, needs more though
Works great honestly, used it to plan out some new furniture once we moved and being able to place multiple pieces is great. Really do wish they were more frequent about the furniture that they add to this app, because it’s missing quite a bit. Also do hope they get to better integrating this into the ikea website (i.e. signing in let’s you view furniture you’ve added onto your wishlist instead of searching one by one to find them)
Developer Response ,
Hej dustydoofus. Thank you for your kind and constructive feedback. Those are some great ideas and we'll make sure to keep them in mind as we continue to develop IKEA Place. Regarding the availability of products, we're adding hundreds of new products every month so hopefully you'll be able to find what you're looking for soon enough.
Needs A LOT of help
- Half of the inventory isn’t present in the app. Take for instance a very popular IKEA item “LACK wall shelf”. Type it in, search, no results found. Unreal.
- Completely unnecessary animations that confuse the user. Further, “X” icons mean close, why are they using it as “go” on some areas of the app? Again, confusing the user.
- A search feature which, and this is unbelievable, doesn’t include search by article/model number. That’s just lazy. So I can bring up the item on the Internet, but I can’t input into the number and find it with the search feature on the app?
This app needs a lot of help.
Developer Response ,
Hej AstroCow. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback; it means a lot to us. Regarding product availability, some products are sadly not available in IKEA Place yet. However, we're adding hundreds of new products every month so stay tuned. You make some great points regarding the user experience; we'll make sure to keep these in mind for upcoming updates.
It should be possible to search by article/model number. Maybe the products you're searching for are not yet available in the app. If this is not the case, then please let us know and we'll look into it as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
Objects come out wrong size
The app does not re-scan the area every time before placing the object on the matrix. This is a very obnoxious problem as the app works well otherwise but there is no way for the user to fix the problem without deleting and re downloading the app again. This issue needs to be fixed for the iPad and other iOS devices as this issue renders the app unusable
Developer Response ,
Hej Carlos. Minimizing the application should trigger a rescan. When objects come out the wrong size it's most often an issue with the scan. The best solution to this issue is to minimize the app to trigger a rescan and then make sure that the floor is well lit, tidy and free of reflections. If we understand your issue correctly then this should solve it. If you continue to experience issue then don't hesitate to reach out again.
- Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
- 143.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.