By fusenigk.de GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iKeePass ist your password tresor on the iPhone. You can load multiple KeePass databases and view them. iKeePass uses current encryption methods to keep your passwords safe.
You can open version 1.x (kdb) and version 2.x kdbx) files.
For documentation and how to videos please visit the project website on http://ikeepass.de/
If you have problems or questions, please refer to http://ikeepass.de/
What's New in Version 2.6.0
* Support for new KeePass Version 2.20 (changed database format).
* Support for new KeePass Version 1.24 (changed database format).
* Support for new devices.
* keyfile support when using dropbox syncing (will be extended).
* display of issues from iKeePass issue tracker in the help section.
* fixed crash when deleting folders or entries.
* fixed a problem with language support.
* fixed a problem on old devices.
Works well after brainstorming; remove your exe files!
This little app works well now that I have figured out why it kept crashing!! I primarily use KeePass Password Safe on my computer but I sometimes need to access my passwords when my computer is not handy. In earlier versions of this app, I could store .kdb files that included executable attachments on my iPhone and easily open them. NOT ANY MORE! Once I removed the exe from my .kdb file, it worked well. I don't know if this is an app change or an iPhone change. I can still open .kdb files from my PC using KeePass Password Safe.
My thots on the iKeePass app vs the MiniKeePass app (which is free):
1. Both apps work well on the iPhone 5 (purchased Dec 26, 2012).
2. The MiniKeePass app works well even on my old First Gen iPad whereas iKeePass keeps crashing. (The fact that something still works on my First Gen makes me happy.)
3. The MiniKeePass app is more user-friendly for people who don't want to think about what they are doing; they just wanna download/access their files. iKeePass is a bit geekier and has more options; not as intuitive.
4. The MiniKeePass contains HELP FILES!! iKeePass has THE LAMEST Help (computer and app versions) that I have EVER seen in my life. Luckily, KeePass Password Safe is fairly seamless for the PC, which is why I will continue to use it; but if you ever have an issue, forget about getting it resolved!! :)
Works great with Keepass kdb database
Just purchased the app. I work in IT. I found it easy to link to my keepass ".kdb" file hosted in dropbox. After you add database, you close the "add database" screen & click on your database at home screen. You will be prompted to enter your master keepass password and then bingo!
I also updated the database with my Ipad by adding an entry to the keepass database. It quickly saves the entry to the kdb file stored in dropbox. I then accessed the database with this app on my iphone & immediately saw the update to the database. I am satisfied for what this app does. It could use a quick launch feature.
a little tricky
I’ve used KeePass in one form or another for 5+ years - the’ve always been fine once you get them working. OS upgrades can cause issues and the software itself def lacks support as is generally expected. I just had to reinstall the App to get it to recognize a dropbox file — and if you don’t type in the correct password it just shows a blank database w/o any error message - no “you’ve typed an incorrect password” - not user friendly but effective.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 03, 2012
- Version: 2.6.0
- Size: 6.8 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Karsten Fusenig
- © (c) 2008-2012 fusenigk.de GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.