By Invictus Security Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Read First!! For Mountain Lion user, please update to 10.8.2
iKeyboard can turn your Mac into a Bluetooth keyboard for iPad/iPhone/Mac.
1. Mac : Select "Discoverable" in application menu.
2. iPad/iPhone: Select "Settings->General->Bluetooth", you will find an avaiable
Bluetooth keyboard which name is your Mac's computer name.
3. iPad/iPhone: Select your Mac's computer name item to finish pairing.
- Whatever keys you type on your Mac keyboard will be input into the connected iPad/iPhone.
- Use mouse to click any key button to send that key into the connected iPad/iPhone.
- Use connect menu to quick connect to paired devices.
- At most 5 devices can be saved.
- iKeyboard use F1~F12 for multi functions, please disable the F1~F12 hotkeys for your Mac.
- All keyboard layouts (US/JIS/ISO) can be detected.
ESC: Home button
FN+F1 : Search button
FN+F2 : Input method selection
FN+F3 : Apple Logo
FN+F4 : iPad slide show
FN+F5 : Show/hide virtual keyboard
FN+F6 : Lock button
FN+F7 : Previous song
FN+F8 : Play/Stop
FN+F9 : Next song
FN+F11: Volume down
FN+F12: Volume up
- Please make sure all your other bluetooth peripherals is connected before using iKeyboard. In case iKeyboard would close its connection.
- Sometime iPad/iPhone will mess up with Bluetooth stack. If you found
problems with paring with iKeyboard, please reboot your iDevices and choose "Forget" in Bluetooth setting and try again.
- iDevices can not be paired with two Bluetooth keyboards at the same time.
If you have already connected your iDevices to a physical Bluetooth
keyboard. Please disconnect it before you use iKeyboard.
- Sharing iKeyboard to MS Windows is not supported, yet.
What's New in Version 1.0.6
1. Add Korean keyboard layout support.
2. Fix a bug that if you use cmd+tab to switch to another application, then the cmd key is not released.
I had to pair it twice before it would consistently work. Needs Emoji and a hotkey to hide the window, but other than that--it works flawlessly! Just like having a dedicated BT keyboard for my iPhone, but I can use my Mac's keyboard instead!
After a week+ of use, I have to report some serious issues with this, and lowered my rating from 5 to 1 star.
1. It loves to lose connection with my iPhone 5. I've tried the Disconnect command, re-connect, and even restart my iPhone. It just won't connect again. The only solution is to restart my Mac. It's very frustrating.
2. One time while trying to connect to my iPhone, my Mac did a hard reset. That's right… shut itself off and performed a reboot without saving anything. This has only happened once so far.
3. Frequently, when it does work, it has a stuck key issue. It will keep the last key pressed for a short while, resulting in a llllllllllot of chhhhhhhharacters that need to be deeeeeeleted.
It's just frustrating that it has connection problems. I don't care about #3 as much, but if the only way to get this thing to work again is to reboot my Mac, then it's not a solution.
It does what it says.
Yes, you can type on your mac and it shows up on your phone. Good start. However, this app needs more to be a 5 star.
As mentioned before, should run from the task bar, not take up more room on my dock (2 spaces when you minimize it…because that's all you can do. Cant close it.
Needs to be easier to disconnect and reconnect and close the app because you cant use the device keyboard until it's disconnected. Only way I can find to close it is control+Q or iKeyboard->Quit.
Ability to SEND a text message from the app instead of reaching for the phone to hit send.
For this price I expect WAY more.
doesn't work with IOS 6
Was really wanting this app to work. Spend the $10 only to find that it doesn't work with any of my IOS6 devices. I read a couple of good reviews and the support site said that it works with the latest version of Mt. Lion (10.8.2), so I assumed that it would work with IOS6. After the purchase I did see another review that said that it didn't support IOS6, but it was too late by then. I hope it will work in the future, but I needed it to work today. The support site for the app publisher doesn't really offer any way to help.