By Crush Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ikiru is a simple but powerful app for making lists, keeping notes and setting reminders. It aims to help you live a productive and meaningful life, by enabling you to focus on the things that are most important to you.
IKIRU IS VERSATILE
Use it to create to do lists, shopping lists, take notes, store contact information, keep track of books to read, or movies to watch... or anything else you'd want to make a list for.
IKIRU IS BEAUTIFUL
With a clean and easy to use design, choose from over 2000 icons to assign to your lists.
IKIRU IS POWERFUL
- create lists within lists
- assign a due date and reminder to list items
- view all items with a due date in one convenient timeline
- add a photo to list items
- drag and drop to sort list items, or automatically keep a list sorted alphabetically, by modification date, completion date, and more
- easily copy or move items from one list to another
- mark items incomplete to return them to their original position in the list (this makes lists easy to reuse)
- send a list via email, and the receiver can import your list into their copy of Ikiru
- view items with due dates on your Apple Watch
IKIRU KEEPS YOUR DATA SAFE
- automatically back up and sync lists between iOS devices using iCloud
- use Touch ID or a custom passcode to protect your information
IKIRU HAS PURPOSE
The word "ikiru" (ee-kee-roo) means "to live" in Japanese. It's also the title of an Akira Kurosawa film about a man who decides to do something meaningful with his life. Ikiru (the app) is my attempt at doing something meaningful with my life, and hopefully help others live meaningful and productive lives.
IKIRU HAS HISTORY
In 2010 I released a list-making app called "Paperless". From busy moms to airplane pilots to people who needed a little help remembering things after suffering a brain injury, Paperless has been used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. Ikiru is built upon that legacy - incorporating the best ideas from Paperless, greatly improving upon them, and adding big features that people have requested.
IKIRU NEEDS LOVE
If you find Ikiru useful, please rate and review it in the App Store. Thank you!
What's New in Version 1.0.4
- bug fixes and performance improvements
- added a global search feature to the main screen, to help find lists/items regardless of what list they are in
- added an option to show/hide dividers between list items (tap the gear icon on the main screen, then switch "Show Dividers" on/off)
- updated the today widget for iOS 10
- on an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, a small vibration now occurs when lifting and dropping items in a list to reorder them (haptic feedback)
- when tapping to view a list or tapping back to go to previous list, the right-side panel is now cleared out on an iPad, or on a "Plus" size iPhone in landscape
- changed the list search bar so that it doesn't display the "+" button until you start a search
- while viewing a photo, you can now flick up or down on it to dismiss the photo viewer
- fixed an issue where tapping sort style label would start a search
- fixed an issue where third party keyboards would be dismissed after tapping to add another item
- fixed an issue where if you swiped left on an item or list to bring up the "Delete" button, then you changed your mind and swiped right to hide the button, the item/list would be marked complete/incomplete
- now prevents swiping to mark complete/incomplete while the multiple selection mode is enabled
Love and have used Paperless for a while now. I was excited for this new app, but it doesn't have the options to customize icons and have a checkbox feature (at least I haven't figured out how to do it yet, if it's possible). I would highly recommend over Ikiru.
Excellent List Management Tool
I have been using Ikiru since it's Paperless days, and I like the new features that Ikiru has brought in. The ability to add pictures to lists and timers to To-Do lists is very helpful. I also like the new sorting abilities for lists. It would be nice if there were some improvements made to searching lists. For example, you currently can't search in sub-lists within a list. Also if you use the "search all" option from the main menu, there is no way to see what lists the results came from. Overall though, I think it's a great app and worth getting.
Horrible compared to Paperless
This app doesn't make sense as a "to do" app. It's just a "lists" app. It isn't user friendly- you can't get a badge for what is in the lists, just for the list itself. For example if I have a list that says "housework" and I have 3 things in it, I get ONE app badge for the whole list. It also doesn't put what you have due in the "scheduled" section- only if you have a due date added. It doesn't make sense at all. The graphics look like a child made this. I've been a user of Paperless for YEARS. It's hard to believe that these 2 apps came from the same developer. Wish I could get my $5 back.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 14, 2016
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 42.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: James Rhoades
- © 2016 Crush Apps, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.