Live an amazing lighting experience! Create your own ambiance, from chill to party, it's all up to you.
iLightShow connects Apple Music and Spotify streaming services to Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf Aurora lighting systems. Perfect to make your home parties really awesome! Transform your apartment or house into a real dancefloor. Simple but efficient, iLightShow does not need many options, you just need to login to Apple Music or Spotify and link your Philips Hue Bridge, we do all the rest for you.
Why should you use iLightShow?
During parties with friends, turn on your LIFX / Philips Hue / Nanoleaf lights and transform your house or apartment into a festive place.
Relax while listening to music and create your own ambiance, from chill to electro, iLightShow will create light effects on all musical styles.
Want to stay awake while working at home? iLightShow can provide you with a lot of powerful energy.
• Real-time lights synchronization (Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf aurora smart lights)
• Automatically syncs the lights to the official Apple Music / Spotify music players
• Super accurate - works on top of a pre-computed analysis
• Stop / Resume Apple Music or Spotify playback as much as you need
• Add / Remove Hue / LIFX bulbs during the show just with one click!
• Control the brightness and intensity of the show
• Either let the app control the colors or select the colors of your choice
• Automatic Light effects, like strobe and flashes (Stroboscope)
• Delay the sync when using external accessories
• Philips Hue multi-bridges support
• Sonos speakers synchronization
• Philips Hue Bridge and some Philips Hue Smart Bulbs (for more information, see http://meethue.com). Also works with TRÅDFRI bulbs, linked to the hue bridge.
• OR/AND LIFX lights (no bridge required)
• OR/AND Nanoleaf Aurora panels (no bridge required)
• An Apple Music account OR Spotify Music Account
Need some support? Contact me on Twitter or Facebook at @iLightShow
Bug fix: the hue auto-reset option used to make some lights irresponsive after one song.
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but needs a couple improvements
This really is a great app and I really enjoy how it interacts with my hue lights. There are only a couple issues (that I don’t believe have been addressed) that hold it back from a 5 star:
1) Buying premium isn’t that bad, not that expensive... but I can’t share across devices. I bought this on my phone and would like to share it with my wife and son. But I also don’t want to pay another $5 each to do so. If there was a way to share the premium feature then that would be fantastic.
2) This is the biggest drawback to me... the app doesn’t run in the background. If I leave the app or close my phone, everything stops working. It’s not realistic to think that I’ll leave my phone on for hours while listening to music or hosting a party. If this can be addressed then that would make this app a 5 star for me.
Really great app that does what it says, but...
So I’ve been playing with this app for a few of days and my kids love it! We’ve had a dance party practically every night. It does exactly what it says and works pretty well with Apple Music.
The biggest con is that to unlock more than one light you have to $4.99 in app purchase. You can’t really evaluate that app without paying for it. I didn’t mind spending the $5, EXCEPT, if my kids want it on all their devices I’ll have to pay on each one. Truth is I’ll hardly use this app, but my kids might, but I’m not sure it’s worth $20 to me. Maybe $10.
The next problem is a lack of music controls within the app. If you want to pause, play or scrub your music you need to jump back to Apple Music. I think Apple made these controls available for developers to use. So adding these would be a convenient touch.
Finally, this would make an outstanding APPLE TV app. The controls might need to be simplified, or possible use an iCloud shared preferences file (so the advanced settings are done on the phone/iPad), but this would be the best solution for me. The kids regularly play their dance part music on the TV.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks for your detailed feedbacks and suggestions. I’m currently working on a « cloud » solution for the next few months that may fix your issue for all your devices. I’ll also work on an Apple TV version in the next few months :-)
Feel free to reach out to me if you need more help/details or even give more feedbacks, I’d be pleased to help :-)
Problematic with Bluetooth, not good for family sharing
First off, I will say the developer is extremely responsive to questions, which is unusual these days.
After purchasing the app I’ve had two problems that potential buyers should be aware of:
1) Bluetooth streaming is problematic if your speaker has a microphone. Depending on which speaker I use the sound either cuts out entirely or drops volume / quality. The workaround to this is to disable the microphone use in the app, but after doing so I can’t seem to get the light timing right.
2) Does not work with family sharing. I have a family of 5 and thought this app would be good for the family to use to control lights in the house. I was willing to pay $5 for that functionality, but since the funds are paid via an in app purchase they don’t transfer to family members, meaning nobody else in the family can control them.
I guess I should have been more aware of this before purchasing, but it’s a very disappointing pricing model, especially given the Bluetooth issues.
Overall this isn’t meeting my desired use at the moment and wouldn’t buy again had I known more up front.
- Nicolas Anjoran
- 65.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Nicolas Anjoran
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Pack $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.