Live an amazing lighting experience! Create your own ambiance, from chill to party, it's all up to you.
iLightShow connects Apple Music and Spotify streaming services to Philips Hue and LIFX lighting systems. Perfect to make your home parties really awesome! Transform your apartment or house into a real dancefloor. Simple but efficient, iLightShow does not need many options, you just need to login to Apple Music or Spotify and link your Philips Hue Bridge, we do all the rest for you.
Why should you use iLightShow?
During parties with friends, turn on your LIFX / Philips Hue lights and transform your house or apartment into a festive place.
Relax while listening to music and create your own ambiance, from chill to electro, iLightShow will create light effects on all musical styles.
Want to stay awake while working at home? iLightShow can provide you with a lot of powerful energy.
• Real-time Philips Hue / LIFX lights synchronization with Apple Music or Spotify Music
• Super accurate - works on top of Spotify audio analysis
• Stop / Resume Apple Music or Spotify playback as much as you need
• Add / Remove Hue / LIFX bulbs during the show just with one click!
• Control the brightness and the intensity of the show
• Either let the app control the colors or select your owns
• Automatic Light effects, like strobe (Stroboscope)
• Delay the sync when using external accessories
• Sonos speakers synchronization
• Philips Hue Bridge and some Philips Hue Smart Bulbs (for more information, see http://meethue.com) some LIFX lights. Also works with TRÅDFRI bulbs, linked to the hue bridge.
• An Apple Music account OR Spotify Music Account
Need some support? Contact me on Twitter or Facebook at @iLightShow
* New Flash option
* Saturation algorithm improved
* Bug fix: The welcome screens used to show up at each app startup
Ratings and Reviews
Really great app that does what it says, but...
So I’ve been playing with this app for a few of days and my kids love it! We’ve had a dance party practically every night. It does exactly what it says and works pretty well with Apple Music.
The biggest con is that to unlock more than one light you have to $4.99 in app purchase. You can’t really evaluate that app without paying for it. I didn’t mind spending the $5, EXCEPT, if my kids want it on all their devices I’ll have to pay on each one. Truth is I’ll hardly use this app, but my kids might, but I’m not sure it’s worth $20 to me. Maybe $10.
The next problem is a lack of music controls within the app. If you want to pause, play or scrub your music you need to jump back to Apple Music. I think Apple made these controls available for developers to use. So adding these would be a convenient touch.
Finally, this would make an outstanding APPLE TV app. The controls might need to be simplified, or possible use an iCloud shared preferences file (so the advanced settings are done on the phone/iPad), but this would be the best solution for me. The kids regularly play their dance part music on the TV.
Hey, thanks for your detailed feedbacks and suggestions. I’m currently working on a « cloud » solution for the next few months that may fix your issue for all your devices. I’ll also work on an Apple TV version in the next few months :-)
Feel free to reach out to me if you need more help/details or even give more feedbacks, I’d be pleased to help :-)
Problematic with Bluetooth, not good for family sharing
First off, I will say the developer is extremely responsive to questions, which is unusual these days.
After purchasing the app I’ve had two problems that potential buyers should be aware of:
1) Bluetooth streaming is problematic if your speaker has a microphone. Depending on which speaker I use the sound either cuts out entirely or drops volume / quality. The workaround to this is to disable the microphone use in the app, but after doing so I can’t seem to get the light timing right.
2) Does not work with family sharing. I have a family of 5 and thought this app would be good for the family to use to control lights in the house. I was willing to pay $5 for that functionality, but since the funds are paid via an in app purchase they don’t transfer to family members, meaning nobody else in the family can control them.
I guess I should have been more aware of this before purchasing, but it’s a very disappointing pricing model, especially given the Bluetooth issues.
Overall this isn’t meeting my desired use at the moment and wouldn’t buy again had I known more up front.
Don’t hesitate to upgrade to the Premium Package
I was recently shown this app via the #AppAdvice daily recommendation. As most of my close friends know I simply love my #Phillip Hue lights and wanted to coordinate my extensive music 🎶 library with my Hue lights. I the initial free version permits limited lighting with the app, therefore if you’re a Hue light junkies like myself you will need to purchase the premium package to incorporate all your Phillips Hue lights. It’s not quite intuitive regarding the music library integration, however the app developer is very responsive and helpful and I was therefore able to achieve my desire effect, so much so that I upgrade to their Premium package, I’m truly a happy camper 🎶 💡
- Nicolas Anjoran
- 35.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Nicolas Anjoran
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Pack $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.