iLovecraft 2 Immersive Reading
By iClassics Productions, S.L.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Read, listen, play and move your device, to dive into the story like you've never done before. Going much further than reading a text with illustrations; the experience has animated and interactive scenes, coupled with sound effects, careful design and an original soundtrack, all joined together to immerse yourself in the bowels of one of the H.P. Lovecraft’s most acclaimed stories in an unprecedented way.
The Colour Out of Space is considered one of the best science fiction and terror stories of all time. It was first published in the September 1927 issue of the mythical magazine “Amazing Stories”, and instantly had a great reception among fans of the genre. The Providence genius broke the established molds and presented the greatest of horrors as a simple chromatic element that lurks and threatens the protagonists of the story, something really innovative for the time when the horror stories were based on vampires, ghosts and other more conventional monsters. Perhaps for this reason, this is one of Lovecraft's own favorite stories.
Now you can enjoy it in this new interactive format, and be part of the horror that stalked the hills of Arkham during the "strange days" ... If you dare.
• 110 pages (iPad version) / 173 pages (iPhone version)
• Original unabridged text: no adaptations.
• Available in 3 languages: English, Spanish and French.
• More than 63 interactive animations.
• 115 minutes of Interactive Original Soundtrack, composed by Miquel Tejada
• Illustrated and directed by David G. Forés.
• Extra content: Illustrator sketchbook and App creation processes.
• Jump to any page of the book from the table of contents.
• Page Memory: Return to the same page you left off from.
• Universal App: Pay once and have access from any iPhone or iPad device.
• Easy-to-use interface.
• Compatible with the latest iOS features.
• Requires iOS 8.1 or newer. Compatible with iPad 2 and later; iPhone 4s and later; iPod touch (5th generation)
• It is recommended to have a Wi-Fi connection in order to download the application
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Another sweet app
I really love iClassics and have been with them since the first iPoe. They’re doing a really great job and I’m always excited when a new app pops up - it feels like eating a decadent dessert amidst all the other reading I do. This Lovecraft story, true to form, has great artwork and music. The white noise sound effects in the first half or so of the app are not well balanced volume-wise with the music and are just too loud, so I had to keep toggling the volume to keep everything at a comfortable level. That’s a minor issue though - really enjoyed this and looking forward to the next one.
Where text, illustration, and cinema cross paths!
I am a newcomer to Lovecraft. He was always at the corners of my curiosity, and thanks to iClassics, I took the plunge. I read volume one with “The Hound” and “Dagon” and craved more. “The Colour out of Space” feels as much like a film as it does a book. It has a wonderful accompanying soundtrack which complements the ghastly yet beautiful illustrations. There is literally a surprise in every corner of this book and you have to be curious and attentive to provoke them. A marvelous enhancement to a masterful work.
I have read everything Lovecraft ever wrote, and watched every video production I could find over the last 50+ years, and in my experience, nothing has been truer to his stories and more compelling than this recreation of The Colour Out Of Space.
I would have told you I knew this story start to finish, nearly by memory; I’ve read it dozens - if not hundreds - of times, from the very first time when I was only 8.
But I’ve never seen anything like this. It made me appreciate the story in an entirely new, vastly-deeper way; the art, the music, the pace and presentation - just fantastic.
5 stars hands down.
Please do many, many more.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 415 MB
- Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: iClassics Productions, S.L.
- © iClassics Productions, S.L. (2017)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.