Image Retweever App
By Donoho Design Group, L.L.C.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“… a Lava Lamp for tweets.” It's eye-catching. It's fun. Image Retweever® shows a full screen cascade of images from your tweet stream. Just touch the screen and explore.
• View tweets as images; Tap to see the text.
• Slide, pinch and zoom images.
• Zoom images to the full screen by double tapping.
• Quickly scan tweets by using three fingers to drag all of the images at once; throw them off the screen and see new tweets appear.
• Will send the images to an AppleTV v2 or later.
• Move the images on the AppleTV when you move them on the iPad.
• Pick new tags from tweets or type in your own.
• Retweet images to your friends with the touch of a finger.
• View web documents on the roomy iPad screen.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions:
• How does it find those pretty tweets?
Retweever ships with a list of hashtags that find many nice images. These fun tags get you started. Retweever makes it easy for you to add more.
• Can I see what my friends post?
Retweever also follows your personal stream. You get to see the images posted by your friends.
• How do I turn on the AppleTV support?
AppleTV is turned on from the iOS pane that slides up from the bottom of the iPad's screen. When it does so, Apple will show all of the AppleTVs available on your local network. Select one and turn on mirroring. Image Retweever will take over the screen and show images in the proper aspect ratio and size for your TV.
• Can I follow web links?
Retweever has an integral browser and can also launch Safari or Chrome.
• Is it power hungry?
Like all Lava Lamps, Retweever works best when plugged in to a power supply. We have endeavored to make it as energy efficient as possible and it can run for many hours on your iPad's battery.
• But what about unsafe images? I hear the Internet and Twitter have many unsafe images.
Retweever has an SFW filter (Safe For Work). This filter is derived by data mining a stream of over 1.6 billion tweets. We think it works pretty well on mainstream tags. Furthermore, we respect Twitter's designation of possibly sensitive tweets and filter those out too. The filter may not be as effective as you wish. We will be updating the filter in each subsequent version of the app.
• Who determines what is SFW?
Your program author, Andrew Donoho. He is a mid-fifty year old engineer. His main criterion was would he want his family exposed to these images in a work or public situation? He designed and built the filter and will be updating it.
• But I'm a modern hipster and want the edgy images, can I turn off the SFW filter?
Yes, Retweever provides a simple switch to turn off the filter. Be aware that tags such as #selfie and #sexy, while not blocked by the filter, have a large number of unsafe images.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
1) Image quality is improved.
2) Can find tweets in a 25 mile radius around the user.
3) Other performance tweaks.
4) Ready for future versions of iOS.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 06, 2015
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Donoho Design Group, L.L.C.
- Copyright © 2009-2014 Donoho Design Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.