By Abacus Industries Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Image Viewer is a simple and fast way to view images and photos. Quickly view all images for an entire folder and subfolders. View in normal or full screen modes and enjoy full screen slide shows. Users can navigate using mouse, trackpad, and keyboard.
- Open or drag an image file or folder into Image Viewer
- Preferences to choose if you want to see all images in subfolders
- Zoom to fit, actual size, zoom in, zoom out, rotate left, rotate right
- Scrolls zoomed images and large images in actual size
- Preferences to customize image sizing to allow for upsizing or downsizing only
- Preferences to size app window to first opened image or all images.
- View single images or thumbnails
- Fullscreen mode
- Slideshow mode with preferences for customization
- Preference to not sleep during slideshow
- Open from and share to iPhoto
- Open in Finder
- Set image as Desktop picture
- Supports Retina display
- Supports Trackpad swipe
- Safe sharing on OS X 10.8 or later
- Image Info window with metadata
- Move to Trash in menus to delete images
- Mouse wheel zoom when shift key is pressed
- Keyboard shortcuts for most functions
Supported Image Formats:
jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, gif (not animated), png, psd, bmp
Image Viewer is a great way to look at your photos and images. Just give it a try!
We'd like to know how to improve Image Viewer, Contact us at Abacus Industries http://www.abacusindustriesinc.com
What's New in Version 1.9
- Changed delete order for a better workflow.
- Performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
Please leave an updated review to help us improve the app. Thanks for your support!
Missing Raw file support
I bought this app to replace the Preview App that came with my new Mac Book Pro. Preview won’t let me simply go to the next image in a folder. I’ve used a windows program- Irfanview for years and miss it on the Mac. If this Image Viewer App offered Raw support, I’d give it a 5 star rating. I am a photographer and I like to simply browse through a folder of images, without opening Lightroom or Photoshop. I shoot in Raw format, but this Image Viewer won’t support Raw images. It’s easy enough to convert them to jpegs for browsing. But, it took a web search to figure out how to make it my default image viewer for the jpegs! Coming from a PC, I had no idea you click Get Info to change a default browser- but that’s my issue, not this Apps.
Really useful to sort through photo collections
I've got dozens of folders with different photo collections, and I often need to select one to send to a friend or a family member. The Image Viewer app is the quickest way I've found to sort through a folder to find what I'm looking for. It's other features make it even more handy to manage the photos that I don't store in iPhoto.
I’ve been using this app for several years now and the current version has gotten even more useful, especially with the more complex Photos App replacing iPhoto.
full screen slide show the downer for this app
I was looking for a photo viewing application that would allow slide shows and manual advance to next image. While this app does that the slideshow is only full screen. this is a show stopper for me as when going through images I have other apps up noting the image. Seems like there should be a means to run slideshows without the app going full screen. Outside of that this is a simple to use image viewer that allows you to view a thumbnail view of single image view of the directory you are in.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Aug 29, 2015
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Abacus Industries, Inc.
- Copyright © 2013-2016 Abacus Industries Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor