By Fuel Collective, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
ImageGlitch is a way to digitally destroy images to create new works of art from your photographs or graphic designs created on the computer.
Note: For best results, use JPEG or TIFF. Other file formats are hard to work with or may completely corrupt the image. Be sure to always make backups of your images with any app that makes changes to your photos.
How to use:
It's easy, just start removing some lines from the textfield on the left. You can add lines from external sources, remove lines, change lines, but read below for a few tips.
- Command + Z (undo) is your friend. You will often see your entire image disappear, just Command + Z back to where you were.
- The first 50 lines (give or take) are usually full of meta information, so editing these lines will usually result in no or little change to the image.
- The text correlates to the image, towards the top you will change the top part of the image. If you change text towards the bottom, you will affect the bottom part of the image.
Feedback? Let us hear it! http://help.fuelcollective.com
What's New in Version 1.0.2
- fixing an issue where ImageGlitch would fail to save the glitched image
doesn't work at all
I got a split screen with the photo I wanted to edit on the right and a bunch of encrypted code on the left. No buttons, no options, no nothing.
way better than just putting a filter on it
For anyone who is interested in glitching the photos the old school way (opening it in a text editor and just hacking away at the data), there is simply no better tool than ImageGlitch.
It’s similar to the old school technique, but ImageGlitch allows you to see your edits in real time, which makes the whole process so much smoother and gives you a real understanding of how affecting parts of the code correlate to the final image.
Doesn’t work in 10.10
This software doesn’t really work anymore, in 10.10 Apple changed the image rendering engine so most glitched images appear blank. I would have reported this to the developer instead of leaving a review, but it appears their help website has been taken down and no information is avaialble about this software on the site at all.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Aug 27, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fuel Collective
- © 2013-14, Fuel Collective, LLC.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor