Imagistory: Schools Edition - A Storytelling App
By Imagistory Publishing Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"This app is an educators dream come true" - BestAppsforKids.com Review (4.9 Stars) *
"This app is perfect for developing imaginative storytelling" - LearningInspired.com **
Spark the imaginations of your classroom with the Imagistory: Schools Edition! A wordless picture book app that encourages creative storytelling for kids at all reading levels.
The Schools Edition app is the same as the original Imagistory App except you can get all current books at once with one simple download (plus our upcoming books that will be added to the app free!). There are no in-app purchases so you can easily distribute the app across all your devices through Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
We recommend you first download the original Imagistory app which is free to try with our first two books.
Imagistory is suitable for use in classrooms with kids aged anywhere from 3-10. The idea behind the app is simple, students create and tell stories by using their imaginations to describe what's happening in the pictures using our wordless picture books.
The stories are automatically recorded and saved in the app and can be played back and even shared with the child's parents.
Imagistory provides an entirely new reading experience, not only is it a fun and engaging classroom activity, it's also very educational! So what makes wordless picture books so great?
- First off, they are fantastic tools to help to foster creativity and imagination
- They help children to develop important language and early literacy skills such as their oral language, vocabulary, understanding of story structure and character development, inferencing skills and more
- They can be used in any language
- They provide a new reading experience where the story can be told in a different way each time a book is read
- They are very easy to use, there's no 'right' or 'wrong' way to tell a story so are great for building confidence
- Their open and versatile nature means they can be used in many different ways in groups big or small, making them fantastic tools for the classroom.
- They have educational benefits for children at all reading levels; from early readers to advanced readers, children with disabilities and even children learning another language
- Lastly, using a wordless picture book is a lot of fun! Kids have the wildest imaginations and will love getting to be involved in deciding what happens in the story.
If you use Imagistory in your classroom or school and have questions or ideas for how we can improve the app we would love to hear from you! So please feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.3
We've got two really exciting changes to the app!
The first is we have added a brand new story called "The Night is Not So Scary" by Lei Wen. It is about a little girl who is visited by a friendly star who takes her on an adventure through the night to show it's not so scary after all. Definitely one to check out!
We have also added a new story preview feature, where you can now hear a sample story for all of our books :)
We hope you enjoy the update!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 12, 2016
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 94.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Imagistory Publishing Limited
- © Imagistory Publishing Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.