iMapInvasives Mobile helps you report invasive species locations to your online iMapInvasives account by using your mobile device camera and GPS. You must have an active iMapInvasives account for a participating state or province to upload data. To request a free account, visit: www.imapinvasives.org
iMapInvasives provides an on-line, GIS-based data management system to assist citizen scientists and natural resource managers working to protect natural resources from the threat of invasive species. Find out more about the iMapInvasives Network at: www.imapinvasives.org
• Added the ability to select a photo from your photo library
• Added the ability to (by default) save original images taken in the iMap app to your photo library (additionally, a new option has been added to the Preferences Page to enable/disable this feature)
• Adapted the app to larger device screen sizes, such as the iPhone X
• Corrected issues of incorrect image orientation on photo capture for some Android and iOS devices
• While creating or editing a record, the record location coordinates will now only update to your current location if the GPS checkbox is checked. (In previous versions of the iMap App, sometimes the record location coordinates would erroneously update to your current location even when the GPS checkbox was unchecked).
• Revised error message upon record upload failure to provide suggested resolution steps
• Records can no longer be created with invalid geographic coordinates (Longitude: 0, Latitude: 0)
• Users are prompted to ‘Refresh iMap Data’ if the initial projects/species list download failed after app installation (to prevent blank species/project lists)
Ratings and Reviews
Reporting invasives through citizen science
Very user friendly and easy to submit observations
Using an iPhone6 and iOS 8.3(12F70) the application is impossible to use on my phone. The selection species list comes up as none for every option. I've seen it work on other phones, and the app looks great, but it seems to have bugs.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Please ensure you have the latest version of the app since many of these issues have now been resolved. Please contact us via www.imapinvasives.org if you continue to experience difficulty.
- SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- 13.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Tom Citriniti
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.