iMaps+ for Google Maps ™ and Street View ™ : Transit and Offline Contacts
By Apptility Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iMaps+ brings Google powered search, directions and Street View™ to your iOS device. Powered by Google's own vector SDK, iMaps+ boasts quick load times, offline viewing of cached map areas and advanced features such as a route recorder and location based alerts. Maps, directions and search are avaliable globally in over 30 languages*.
- Search by address or textual query (eg 'London, UK' or 'Restaurants in New York'). In addition, you can 'radar search' the visible map area to locate places of interest such as restaurants, pubs, ATMs and more.
- Street view can be accessed from a dropped pin, search result or bookmarked location. Alternatively, drag the peg-man from the top left of the screen as per Google Maps on a desktop.
- Book hotels via Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda.com
- Get step by step driving, cycling, walking and public transport directions. Choose to avoid highways or tolls and select from a number of alternative routes. For public transport, you also have the option of setting an arrival/departure time.
- Set up notifications to fire when you arrive at a specific location.
- Record journeys such as a hike, bike ride or road trip, even while the app is in the background. Recorded routes are saved and can be recalled at any time. (IAP)
- Swipe up and down with two fingers to tilt the map and access 3D views in main cities around the world.
- Map overlays including live traffic, public transport lines and indoor maps.
- Use addresses from your iPhone contacts for search and directions.
- Press and hold to drop a pin anywhere on the map.
- Bookmark important locations for quick access.
** Contact email@example.com for support. Unfortunately, developers are unable to respond to reviews on the App Store. **
*Directions, street view and live traffic details are only available in certain geographical regions.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apptility Limited is not related to, or affiliated with, Google, Inc. Google Maps™, Google Places™, PEGMAN™ and Google Street View™ are trademarks of Google, Inc
What's New in Version 4.1.1
New in v4.1
- We've partnered with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda.com to allow you to book hotel rooms at >1,000,000 locations around the world
- Fix for selecting a contact address making the app crash
- Other Bug Fixes
New in v4.1.1
- Fix for the unknown error bug
I love the pointer that shows which direction you are going, when streetview cruising.
I have an idea that I've been looking for, for years: ok, so you place a mark on a map, then a second mark, and then get all the info that you would get if you typed in addresses in the "to" and "from" fields... Such as, distance between points, directions from one point to the other, option to label points, etc. this way, if we are already looking at a place on the map, we can set a point there, just like we can on regular maps, HOWEVER, we can set a second point, and opt to get directions from the first point to that second point. I don't know how many times I've had to copy and paste addresses when it would be easier to tap and get directions. You can name it iPoints.
Excellent - far superior to Google Maps app
The views provided by this map are far superior to those of the Google Map app. This app provides full screen view of the map, unlike the Google app, which uses 1/3 of the screen showing frequently unwanted information. I frequently want to view large areas at a time, which this app makes possible. In addition, the user interface is well thought out and effective.
Screen shots indicate it would show a moving map, this only downloads google turn by turn for the watch. If you expect a moving map do not buy. If you want dangerous to read tiny text that will likely cause an accident this is the app for you. Useful GPS screens are well established, and are not text based turn by turn lists. Fix the watch gui, quick glance should show turn arrow over map, with option to display distance. Big, high contrast, should be able to get all info in 1/2 second glance.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 25, 2016
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Apptility Limited
- © Apptility, Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Route Tracker / Trip Recorder$1.99