iMaps+ for Google Maps : Route Planner, Street View, Public Transit Schedules and Offline Contacts
By Apptility Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMaps+ brings Google Maps, directions and street view back to your iOS device. Powered by Google's own vector SDK, iMaps+ boasts quick load times, automatic caching of viewed areas and easy access to street view. Directions and search in English, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Korean, Hindi and more.
- Search by address or textual query (eg 'London, UK' or 'Restaurants in New York'). In addition, you can 'radar search' the visible map area to locate places of interest such as restaurants, pubs, ATMs and more.
- Street view can be accessed from a dropped pin, search result or bookmarked location. Alternatively, drag the peg-man from the top left of the screen as per Google Maps on a desktop.
- Get step by step driving, cycling, walking and public transport directions. Choose to avoid highways or tolls and select from a number of alternative routes. For public transport, you also have the option of setting an arrival/departure time.
- Set up notifications to fire when you arrive at a specific location.
- Record journeys such as a hike, bike ride or road trip, even while the app is in the background. Recorded routes are saved and can be recalled at any time. (IAP)
- Swipe up and down with two fingers to tilt the map and access 3D views in main cities around the world.
- Map overlays including live traffic, public transport lines and indoor maps.
- Use addresses from your iPhone contacts for search and directions.
- Press and hold to drop a pin anywhere on the map.
- Bookmark important locations for quick access.
Directions, street view and live traffic details are only available in certain geographical regions.
iMaps+ is in no way associated with Google or the official Google Maps application.
** Contact email@example.com for support. Unfortunately, developers are unable to respond to reviews on the App Store. **
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Full support for iOS 9 multitasking (Split Screen and Slide Over)
- iMaps+ now works on Apple Watch. Search, view place details and get directions - all from your wrist.
- Fix for clicking a contact's address opening Apple Maps rather than being handled in-app.
- Improved handling when location or notification access is denied.
- Other bug fixes.
Please consider taking a moment to leave a review on the store. Each update resets your ratings and these are important for the continued development of iMaps+.
Great navigation app
I haven't tried to use this for the apple watch feature, but as far as a good navigation app with easy search options - this is my go to app. It provides an easy method to view map routes, traffic, and google street view. Provides the option for map "overview", which I use more than turn by turn nav. It supports multiple bookmarks, which is a plus; however, at this time you can not have them all plotted on the map at once (you select one at a time from a drop down menu). Great app, and I hope it gets enough traction for continued support. Definitely worth trying out.
It works very well for this old man. 😊
My current location is listed wrong. Why won't you correct it.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 26, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Apptility Limited
- © Apptility, Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Route Tracker / Trip Recorder$1.99