By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
MAKE MUSIC ANYWHERE
Produce tracks on the go with iMASCHINE 2 and share your creations with the world.
///MAKE. ARRANGE. SHARE.
Create a beat on 16 pads with hundreds of professional sounds. Use the Smart Play keyboard to add melodies and basslines that are always in-key. Spice up your track with vocal and field recordings or sample directly from iTunes. Use Apple’s 3D Touch technology to optimize your workflow and get even more creative.
The Arranger in iMASCHINE 2 lets you turn your loops and scenes into full tracks with the swipe of a finger. Add parts quickly and easily. Change the color of your pads or groups to see your entire arrangement at a glance – rearranging and editing tracks on-the-go has never been quicker or easier.
Share your creations with the world by uploading them directly to Soundcloud. Or export your projects to the MASCHINE 2 software and continue working on them in the studio with your full MASCHINE hardware setup.
///KEY FEATURES OVERVIEW
- Use 16 pads for real-time drum sequencing on your iOS device
- Quickly create beats without finger drumming using Step Mode
- Use the Arranger to structure your track by adding, moving, and deleting different patterns on the fly
- Play always-in-key melodies and basslines by combining Chord, Scale, and Arpeggiator features with the Smart Play keyboard
- Use Note Repeat in Keyboard and Drum Pad Modes to create rolls, fills, and fast note attacks with note ranges from 1/4 notes to 1/32 notes
- Better organize your sounds using multi-colored pads and groups
- Optimize your workflow using Quick Actions with Apple 3D Touch for app and pad shortcuts*
- Control the velocity or rate of note repeat depending on how hard you press the screen using 3D Touch*
- Capture vocals, field recordings, or any audio from the microphone on your iOS device
- Sample directly from your iTunes library
- Mix your sounds and choose from professional audio effects
- Open your existing iMASCHINE projects effortlessly in iMASCHINE 2
- Start building tracks immediately with the included extended iMASCHINE 2 library, featuring over 300 MB of content: 19 projects, 38 drum kits and over 750 samples
- Choose from a huge collection of additional drum kits, projects and instrument sounds from top sound designers and renowned artists with iMASCHINE Expansions – available at the In-App Expansions Store
- No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production
- Learn how to use the app and discover helpful tricks with the New Features Notification function
- Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud and share it with the world
- Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. Projects exported to MASCHINE support multiple Scenes as well as Pad and Group colors.
- Universal App. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all iOS devices registered to that iTunes account
*iPhone 6s and 6s Plus only
Requires iOS 8.0 or higher.
Reverb is supported by iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, or iPod 6 or newer.
///THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
iMASCHINE is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments, used by professional producers all around the world. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Thanks for using iMASCHINE 2 and leaving us your valuable feedback.
For version 2.2.0 we are pleased to announce the addition of reverb to iMASCHINE 2.
Reverb is supported by iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, or iPod 6 or newer.
Exporting projects including reverb to the desktop version of MASCHINE requires MASCHINE version 2.5.0 or newer.
For help, tips and tricks, please visit the iMaschine 2 Forum: (https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/imaschine.293/)
I had been contemplating getting this app for some time because I didn't know how fluid it would be far as making beats on a mobile device but after reading reviews and taking a chance, I was amazed. The interface is smooth and looks great. There's no lag and it quantizes sounds perfectly. You may struggle at first but once you get going. It's hard to stop. What really makes this app great is the ability to export this right into Maschine on your computer and pick up where you left off to do even more. By no means is this app perfect or meant for full production but if you're out and about and got an idea come to mind, look at this as a sketch pad to get those ideas out, transfer them, and go in more once you get home! Also you can get all the expansion packs separately for one price of $9.99. Which is a great deal so you can't beat it!
SETLIST For onstage musicians! Reverb!!!Thanks for listening
Great app. I'm a drummer and I actually use this to loop my click tracks during church service. I can also adjust tempo on the fly of course. The Reverb that was just recently added to the app is great too for dynamics that I can actually use during service in the loop helps create a better worship experience. I'm hoping the developers pickup on this review and also add a SETLIST. I've got so many tracks that i take too much time finding the next track, I actually end up creating a pause in service that's a little too long for what I would like to achieve, and that's smooth and fast transitions. Especially because I'm controlling it and sometimes my other hand still needs to be busy playing. Thanks!!!
Pretty annoying on iOS 11
UPDATE FOR IPHONE X YALL HAD ENOUGH TIME. I DIDN'T SPEND OVER 20 DOLLARS ON THIS APP FOR ZERO UPDATES, I UNDERSTAND YALL JUST DROPPED NEW HARDWARE AND ALL THAT BUT LETS GET THIS DONE.
Overall, an AMAZING, AMAZING app. Super intuitive and sinple but After having it since launch I still have a few gripes:
- still no number sliders so I have to guess and listen to see if a sample is pitched the same or at the same volume. ( cmon bruh)
- no way to shut off 3D Touch in app, so if I’m hitting a pad I might accidentally screw up recording because the app thinks I’m trying to use a 3D command. ( common sense function bruh)
- on iOS 11 when loading a sample sometimes the slider glitches
- still no way to stretch samples (BeatMaker has this and more so it’s definitely possible and there’s ZERO excuse)
- no auto chop which on an iPhone app would make things WAY easier than chopping samples then still having to go and manually load each one. ( also something beat maker has)
While it’s my go to app and has been since the first one, it’s super limited for no reason.
I actually went it and bought a Maschine Mikro because I love this app so much and it’s collecting dust because this is so much easier to use, but you guys shouldn’t limit it like you are, I would rather have these simple functions than a new beat pack every month.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 28, 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 509 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Native Instruments GmbH
- © 2015, Native Instruments GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iMaschine Ultimate Collection$9.99
- Queensbridge Story$0.99
- Black Arc$0.99
- Sierra Grove$0.99
- Lilac Glare$0.99
- Solar Breeze$0.99
- Rising Crescent$0.99
- Radiant Horizon$0.99
- Molten Veil$0.99
- Hexagon Highway$0.99