By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE GROOVE SKETCHPAD
iMASCHINE puts professional groove production in the palm of your hand.
"The subway just got way more fun." (GIZMODO)
"A brillliantly designed little app, far more flexible than beatboxes and more than the sketchpad it is billed as. Export to Maschine rounds off the package." (Music Tech, UK)
Create a beat on 16 pads. Add a melody with the keyboard. Spice up your track with a field recording or lay down vocals, and even sample directly from iTunes.
No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production.
- 16 pads for real-time groove production on your iOS device
- Included library features 100 MB of content: 10 projects, 25 kits, and over 400 samples
- Additional ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack derived from MASCHINE 2 Library adds 20 kits, 10 projects, 15 instruments, and over 400 samples to iMASCHINE’s library (email registration required)
- Sample directly from your iTunes library
- Record your own one-shot samples through the integrated microphone on your iOS device
- Keyboard mode for playing chords, bass, and melodies
- Note repeat with 1/4 note to 1/32 note range for keyboard and drum pad mode
- Audio recorder lets you record vocals, field recordings or any audio from your iOS device’s microphone
- Assign any of the 4 groups to any mode, e.g. for use as a 4-track recorder
- Mixer page with XY performance pads includes two send effects per group: delay, flanger, chorus, and various filters
- Live-mode sequencer automatically detects recorded loop length
- Import your own 44.1 kHz 16-bit .WAV samples via iTunes
- Huge collections of additional drum kits and instrument sounds called iMASCHINE Expansions available through in-app store
- Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud
- Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO
- Universal Binary. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all devices connected with that iTunes account
Requires iOS 8.0 or higher.
///THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
iMASCHINE is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
MASCHINE STUDIO is the flagship music production system with unprecedented physical control thanks to its generous control layout, jog wheel, and two big high res displays for ultimate visual feedback.
MASCHINE is the classic groove production system with straight forward hardware workflow, 8 display knobs for tweaking instruments and effect parameters plus dedicated groups button to switch sounds fast.
MASCHINE MIKRO has the same high-quality, touch-sensitive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE in a more compact format. The perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE or a tactile addition to any production or performance setup.
Check out the Native Instruments website for more info, artist and product videos, images, sound examples and more:
What's New in Version 1.2.3
Resolves audio issues for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus users.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Imaschine2 is the update everyone was waiting for?
So after making no updates or changes for every, native instruments finally made an app that isn't a joke. Unfortunately, they just added a 2 to the title and want you to pay for it. Plus maschine is the worst drum vst or program for making beats, hopeful you don't waste your money on the hardware, too. Advise, if you wanna try you hand In a new market, put out a beta. Don't sell your beta as finished, than try to resell it to your customers years later when you've finally worked out all the kinks.
Your entire "maschine" line has been rolled out this way. The vst looks great, but its complete garbage when using in any daw and has no practical use as a standalone, the maschine hardware is cheaply made, the pads always stop responding and I won't even call it a toy. Now you sully the already laughable iOS line.
I will never buy anything from native instruments again, I've learned my lesson. They are absolute shysters.
Great app with some annoying bugs
All in all, imaschine is an incredibly intuitive form of creating music and experimenting with different sounds. It is a great entry point for inexperienced musicians, DJs, etc., however there are a few incredibly annoying bugs and glitches. Sometimes when attempting to record something using the pads, the square will illuminate indicating that the app knows that I am touching that specific pad, but no sound is made and is not recorded causing me to have to either go through the entire piece and try to delete the section of the song that I was working on or just start over completely. I'm sure that Native Instruments has plenty of things to work on and fix but this problem is the biggest one for me personally as I'm sure it is for others as well.
Haters are gonna hate... I'll simply ignore them. 😛
For the short amount of time I've spent with iMaschine thus far, I can safely say that it was well worth the $4.99. The update looks great, but the old version is all I really need.
As a side note, if you're going to import your own samples through iTunes, you might want to change any upper-case file extensions to lower-case (e.g. ".WAV" to ".wav"). I tried importing some drum samples with ".WAV" as the extension, only to find that I couldn't preview them within iMaschine. However, changing the extension to ".wav" rectified that problem. Native Instruments is not at fault for this; I simply forgot to rename the wave samples after bringing them over from an older MS-DOS PC.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 26, 2015
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 198 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Native Instruments GmbH
- © 2015, Native Instruments GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Swagg City$2.99
- Vintage Heat$0.99
- True School$0.99
- Platinum Bounce$0.99
- Drop Squad$0.99
- Transistor Punch$0.99
- Conant Gardens$0.99
- Dark Pressure$0.99
- Raw Works$0.99
- Electric Vice$0.99