iMashup - Mashup Remix App
By Mixed In Key
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Professional-quality remixing app: Create your own mashups and remixes. Experiment with your favorite music, and discover combinations that sound perfect together.
Developed by the award-winning Mixed In Key team with 100,000+ fans on Facebook. With iMashup, you can mix any *TWO SONGS* in your music collection to make a perfect mashup.
iMashup lets you:
* Use music from your iPhone or iPad
* Beatmatch everything together using a pro DJ algorithm
* Make 100% harmonic mashups with no key clashes
* Create loops
* Copy and paste segments of a song
* Adjust the loudness of melodies, hihats and basslines in your songs
* Split the song into segments and move them around
* Sync with iTunes to export high-quality WAV files
* Share your results on Facebook, or just email the saved mashup to yourself
* iPhone 5
* iPhone 4S
* iPod Touch (latest generation)
* All iPads except iPad 1.
Please tell your friends about iMashup!
What's New in Version 2.0
Here's a complete list of what's new in iMashup 2.0:
- Copy and paste
- Segment looping
- Segments can be dragged past each other to change their order
- The split cursor snaps to visible beatmarks
- Audio export continues when the app is in the background
- Better explanation of audio export formats when sharing
- Fixed bug where tapping after the end of a track would create a floating envelope point
- Fixes for various crashing bugs
Good for pop songs
I was trying more technical stuff like mixing Pirates of the Carribean soundtrack with Durufle's Requiem. Is quite difficult to snip precisely, the program wants to move to where it thinks the next beat is, but its so automatic that it doesn't allow me to be precise.
I LOVE the way it analyzes the pieces of music on my iPad. Once I choose a piece it shows the other analyzed songs that are in the same key - fantastic technology in that respect.
Another issue is the popping and choppy breaks that are created between snippets of music. Trying to clean them up is quite difficult - really the only option is to adjust the volume to fade out the bad edits. I would prefer to be more precise in the ability to dice and splice. Cutting and pasting could be easier to use as well, sometimes double clicking on a track to open the context menu accidentally moves the track.
So, it's a great toy, but has a few usability issues that would definitely improve the experience.
Great for building playlists, song transitions and mini mash ups . Having the beatmatching and harmonic blending done for you takes out some grunt work and leaves more room for actual creativitity in your DJ mix. Developers: we need more ZOOM functionality so we can cut and paste more surgically. We could also use the ability to gradually increase bpm ( this would help after a track intro/transition between songs with widely different bpms and would allow extended mixing into other material at the end of a mash up). Brilliant work!
Very fun and useful, but this app lacks things
This app is very fun for making simple, quick mashups, but it cannot create more complex ones. For example you can only mix 2 songs at a time. You get what to pay for, but I would get something more complex if you want to make more than casual mashups. Still, the makers of this app made it very ergonomic and simple to use. Overall a very well made app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 13, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mixed In Key, LLC
- © Mixed In Key (C) 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.