IMDb Movies & TV
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find movie showtimes near you, buy tickets, watch trailers, read critic and user reviews, get personalized recommendations, browse photo galleries, entertainment news, quotes, trivia, box-office data and more!
IMDb is now the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. We offer a searchable database of more than 100 million data items including more than 3 million movies, TV and entertainment programs and more than 6 million cast and crew members.
- Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Over 3 million movie and TV titles
- Over 6 million celebrities, actors, actresses, directors and crew members
- Movie showtimes at theaters near you
- TV listings for your timezone
- Recaps of TV shows from last night
- Upcoming movies
- Latest entertainment news from hundreds of media outlets
- Latest DVD releases
- Popular movies
Explore Popular Charts:
- Best Picture award winners
- Top-rated movies of all time
- Most popular movies of the day
- Most popular celebrities of the day
- Lowest-rated movies of all time
- Most popular movies by genre
- Most popular TV shows
- US box office results
- Celebrity birthdays
- Movie trailers
- User reviews for movies and TV shows
- Critic reviews for movies and TV shows
- Quotes, trivia and goofs about movies, TV shows, and celebrities
- Your browse and search history on IMDb
What's New in Version 6.1
This is mostly a bug fix release.
- Improves IMDb links found in Spotlight search.
- Fixed crash in large photo galleries.
- Watchlist refinements will no longer cause a crash.
- Selecting a future date for a theater will no longer crash the app.
- Fixed a crash when resuming the app on a news page.
- Fix for trailers not pausing/muting as expected when phone calls received.
- Fixed unreadable status bar on external web pages.
Film Rating Problems
Normally when I rate a film and post it to Facebook from the app, a full link, along with an image of the page usually appeared along with the rating. Now, the preview/image of the page doesn't display. It's just a box link along with my rating in the post. On top of that, when you click the link it doesn't bring you to the page. Instead it's a white page that says:
"We hope to launch SSL access to all pages on IMDb in the very near future. Thanks for your patience."
Please fix both. I've tried unlinking and relinking IMDb and Facebook and it didn't work.
Though it has a few flaws I use this app almost daily. It has never steered me wrong...once I got the spelling correct. I have noticed that it lists the date of series based on when they started as opposed to when the star was actually there.
Like Harry Morgan on MASH. It has the starting year when he made a guest appearance early but not in the first season. He did not become a regular till 10+ years into it long run.
Landscape view gone!
I've been using IMDb since the '90s and am a big fan of the app. But it could use some improvements.
The message board sorting is terrible. My settings are to sort by active threads. The setting works fine in a browser but in the app it doesn't seem to work at all.
Also, the message boards were the only place that the banner ads at the bottom didn't pop up. But they fixed that in the update. So now I get to keep closing ads while browsing the boards too. Thanks IMDb! Gotta generate that revenue. That's more important than bringing back landscape view. At least let us be able to view the boards in landscape.
This app gets worse with every update.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 28, 2015
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: IMDb
- © 1990-2015 IMDb.com, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.