Flipps TV - Watch Movies & Free Videos on TV
By Flipps Media Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One night. One epic fight. Watch TNA Slammiversary on Flipps and live stream the full event on TV! Event begins Sunday, June 28 at 8PM ET in select countries.
Watch movies, free music videos, comedy clips and news on TV using only your iPhone or iPad.
Supports Samsung TV, Sony TV, LG TV, Panasonic TV, Philips TV, Sharp TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Dish Hopper, Apple TV, Chromecast.
Discover over 100 channels of great entertainment beyond the standard TV guide right on your phone's touchscreen interface. Choose from hit movies, music videos, comedy, news and sports. Then tap your phone to instantly zap a show to your connected TV and enjoy.
You can even adjust TV volume and playback straight from your mobile device. Best of all, you don't need a dongle, cable or set-top box.
Turn your phone into a magic wand of entertainment.
Make TV Magical.
**Live streaming channels are not yet supported on Xbox**
What's New in Version 5.9.1
- Get to your favorite TV series from the home screen
- Related videos now show up on the video details screen
- Better search results and recommendations
- Updated, simplified look for previously watched, featured, and recommended videos
- Stability and performance improvements to make Flipps run more smoothly and efficiently
A hidden gem, with connection quirk
Flipps HD is a perfect companion for Apple TV. It puts a great number of quality content literally at the tip of your finger - for free. (Although recent dropout from U.S. market by several providers begins to damp this value.) I also like the latest design that is less loud and offers more functionality. Integration with Control Center is a nice fit, although the later integration with network TV’s doesn’t quite work right. With Apple TV, it no longer wakes up TV as it previously did; it also cannot connect correctly after forcing you to select a network TV if TV is already awake - you’ll need to select once the video begins (on your iPhone). Worse, you cannot perform this second selection if an advertisement is inserted; in the latter case, you’ll have to wait till ad is complete, then wait till video begins (still on your iPhone), then select.
I initially downloaded iMediaShare Lite to navigate content on my local network. This function was deeply buried in the many packaged "channels" - contents from various aggregators, even full PBS episodes. (Local content is now a separate free app iMediaShare Personal.) Channel layout was also quite disorganized then. So for a while I found little use of the app. But once I started to explore some of the channels, especially the movie channels, I was pleasantly surprised by how much free content is available. Though Apple TV includes Vimeo, I actually "discovered" this wonderful source in iMediaShare Lite!
Garbage explains it all. Won't connect to the internet! Can't use it!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 24, 2015
- Version: 5.9.1
- Size: 45.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Welsh
- Seller: Flipps Media Inc
- © 2012-2015 Flipps Media Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to watch the GFW Wrestle Kingdom 9 Live event$34.99
- Ticket to watch Ring of Honor Best in the World 2015 live event$34.99
- Ticket to watch TNA Slammiversary Live 2015 event$39.99
- Ticket for watching Professional Bull Riding Live event$29.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Osiris Entertainment$0.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Beta Films$0.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Fever Dreams$0.99