Flipps - Videos, News & Movies
By Flipps Media Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch the latest news, live sports events, YouTube and music videos on TV. Requires only phone/tablet and an optional connected TV. Supports Samsung TV, LG TV, Sony TV, Apple TV, XBox, Chromecast... and of course your mobile screen.
Choose from 100+ on-demand and live channels beyond the standard TV guide. Then tap your phone to instantly stream a show to your connected TV and enjoy. Best of all, you don't need a dongle, cable or set-top box!
CBS, Bloomberg, Showtime, The Washington Post, ACC, Campus Insiders, IMG, Rhapsody, Magnolia Pictures, Viewster, Complex Media, Fusion, Deutsche Welle, TNA, Ring of Honor, Global Force Wrestling, PBR, and many more.
FROM THE MEDIA
- “You get to watch [content] just about anywhere. That’s a deal any couch potato will dig.” – Yahoo Tech
- “Flipps is ridding us of the dreaded remote control” – Wakefield
- #1 Amazon Free App of The Day – two times
- #3 in The Inquirer’s “Top 10 Google Chromecast apps you should install”
- "Bypass Roku, Chromecast and Amazon Fire Stick in favor of Flipps” – Dell Power More
- “The Flipps TV app: one step further in cutting the cord” – Gadget Gestures
Latest news, hit music videos, YouTube videos, anime, science & technology, sports news & highlights, wrestling and other live pay-per-view sports events, premium & free movies, action & extreme sports
- No hardware or TV apps required
- 5,000+ supported TV models
- Automatic TV discovery
- TV remote control – touchscreen gestures control for volume and playback
- Personalized experience – quickly access personalized content based on what you've watched
- Phone, tablet or TV screen – stream on any TV screen regardless if you're at home or visiting a friend
- YouTube search – search on your phone and watch YouTube videos on TV
- Cloud-to-TV streaming – no phone battery drain and no restrictions on using the phone while watching
- High video quality – support for full 1080p HD where available from content partner
- Cross-channel search and recommendations
- Neat content organization – content organized in groups of new, music videos, clips, live content, movies, series, each featuring custom organization and recommendations
- Internet video – watch any mp4 internet video on TV by pasting a URL in the search box
- Linear playback for music videos – pick a song and enjoy hours of similar music videos on TV
- Internet-connected TVs by Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG, Sharp & Philips
- Xbox One, Xbox 360, Apple TV, DISH Hopper, Chromecast
- Some channels and videos may not be available in all regions.
- Most content is available in English only. In some cases, Spanish, German and Russian channels are available depending on your location and phone language settings.
- A high-speed internet connection will provide a better video streaming experience.
DOWNLOAD Flipps to turn your phone into a magic wand of entertainment.
What's New in Version 5.9.5
- App optimizations to work smoothly on iOS 9
- Much faster content loading and browsing
- App polishing to improve readability and make discovery of additional content even easier
- Now you can find Flipps movies, music clips and news straight from your iPhone home screen. Simply swipe down from your home screen, search for your favorite video or hot news and the result will launch you directly into Flipps app
- Brand new shiny app icon on your phone's home screen
- Select a song and enjoy an hour of uninterrupted music specially crafted by yours truly
- Related videos now show up on your phone while streaming on TV or on the device
- Added genres in the 'Movie Details' screen
- Hint icons in more places throughout the app to let you know what you've already watched or recommend something new
- Stability and performance improvements to make Flipps run more smoothly and efficiently
Dropout from U.S. market by several content providers damps value of Flipps HD as a companion for Apple TV. The latest design offers more functionality, although it begins to grow crowded again. Integration with Control Center is a nice fit, although the later integration with networked TV’s doesn’t quite work right. With Apple TV, it no longer wakes up the device as it previously did. If Apple TV is already awake, it still often cannot connect. You’ll need to select from iPhone’s Apple TV interface (by swiping from the bottom). Even then, sometimes it becomes quirky, and you need to force a “mirror screen” even though that is not your intention - and it is not the result. When there is an ad before the movie begins, things get even more complicated. You cannot make any device selection during an ad.
Another new problem is the crowded user interface, both “home screen” and in channels. Flipps has gone a long way from iMediaShare Lite, where the interface used to be very clean. It then got crowded, and cleaned up. But it is even more crowded than before. It had good days, but I’m no longer sure how valuable it is today.
Have to connect TV always
It keeps on searching for TV everytime.Buggy app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 15, 2015
- Version: 5.9.5
- Size: 42.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Welsh
- Seller: Flipps Media Inc
- © 2012-2015 Flipps Media Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to watch the GFW Wrestle Kingdom 9 Live event$34.99
- Ticket for watching Professional Bull Riding Live event$29.99
- Ticket to watch Ring of Honor Best in the World 2015 live event$34.99
- Ticket to watch TNA Slammiversary Live 2015 event$39.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Osiris Entertainment$0.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Magnolia Pictures$0.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Cinema Sirens$0.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Beta Films$0.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Magnolia Pictures for $3.99$3.99
- Pay Per View Movies from Fever Dreams$0.99