Imgur: Awesome Images & GIFs
By Imgur, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The funniest, most informative and most inspiring images, GIFs, memes and visual stories shared by millions of people.
• Cure your boredom and stay entertained by fresh content that’s updated all day long.
• Find hilarious memes before anyone else.
• Enjoy the best images and GIFs from the topics you love most like cosplay, startled cats, reaction GIFs, hiking, wtf moments, politics, anime, and any other topic you can fathom.
• Share awesome content with your friends and brighten their day.
What's New in Version 5.11
- Post actions now stick to the bottom when you can swipe between posts.
- Moves sort options on the gallery back to the top bar.
- Adds a Files option to select images to upload from the cloud and other apps.
- Removes the "Downloading…" status display when downloading images/videos.
- Notifications tab will now remember if you were on Notifications or Messages.
- Improves the display of some grids (e.g. in Profile) on iPad.
- Images will no longer invert with smart invert enabled on iOS 11.
- Fixes the post creation/error bar appearing in the wrong place.
- Fixes pulling to refresh in search breaking horizontal scrolling.
- Fixes GIFs not auto-playing by default on the iPhone 8.
- Fixes a grey bar appearing on top of posts after rotation.
Great and (at times) Enlightening Time-waster
This community is fantastic, even the trolls make you laugh at times. If you have yet to experience Imgur, please do yourself a favor and try it out.... sometimes it can take a couple of days to get hooked and see the beauty of this community. It’s five star hands down.
Now as for this version... I gave it four stars because the notifications seems broken, at least for me. It shows that I have them but when I open the app and select notifications it never generates anything other than “Imgur-verse” instructionals. I know how hard you guys work to squash these little bugs, which I’m uber thankful for, and I’m hopeful this will be corrected shortly.
Your users are scared of facts and unnecessarily idealistic where realism would do as it relates to culture. Leftism happens to be rampant, at the expense of entertaining content. Since all of the content is submitted by the users, it seems clear that the targeted demographic is biased towards this uninformed and ignorant group. Many of the users and posts therefrom seem either narcissistic, self-destructive, or simply based in raw feelings as opposed to actual basis in fact. I would guess the argument could be made that it isnt the fault of the website owners, but the fact remains.
New pop up adds?
I’ve used the app since it came out and it has gotten progressively worse. The new pop up adds after every other post have made me uninstall. We’re the adds at the bottom of each post not enough? Focus on making a quality app and supporting your community instead of squeezing a few extra bucks out of advertising.