Imgur: Awesome Images & GIFs
By Imgur, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Often described as the world’s greatest procrastination site and the perfect way to spend an afternoon, Imgur (pronounced “image-err”) makes it easy to discover and enjoy the most awesome images on the Internet. What a time to be alive!
- Sit back and swipe through an endless stream of hilarious GIFs, heartwarming stories, mind blowing science facts, adorable animal pics and so much more. Watch as your spirits lift right before your eyes.
- Where does all that awesome stuff come from, you ask? Simple: people from all around the world submit images, and Imgur users vote up the best of them so all can bask in their glory.
- If you want to get fancy, you can browse posts by topic, search for specific kinds of posts, and cast judgement by upvoting, downvoting, and commenting on posts.
- Be warned: time has been known to quicken in this realm.
What's New in Version 5.8
- Improves the load time of GIF thumbnails.
- When tapping the home button when at the top of the grid, it now tries to load more content.
- Fixes Most Viral's sort not saving the right type of sort you were in.
- Fixes sometimes not loading additional posts in a grid on iPad.
- Fixes YouTube videos' audio not playing when the device's silence switch is on.
- Fixes sharing in comments/chat the URL of favorites that are single-image albums not inserting the right .gif URL.
- Fixes the scroll position when scrolling to comments to try and be at the comments correctly.
- Fixes the appearance of the "add comment" (when there's no comments) on small devices.
App opens constantly
So say you're cruising around the internet, like say on Reddit, where every other link is to Imgur, and you click on a funny headline that links to a disappointing meme hosted on Imgur. This happens 40-70 times a day. After a recent update, instead of just quickly viewing the image in a tab in safari which you could close quickly, now the app opens up and you view it through the app. Meaning you have to close he app and go back to safari to continue your browsing. It's not a big pain in the tuchass, but after the 20th time, it adds up. I deleted the app.
Can you just go back to being a hosting site.
I don't need you suggesting images to me or telling me to look at the top gifs for the day. You're app is there to host images, not be some lame social media site or cut out the middle man from Reddit. The comment section is trash and the new thing where every image opens in the Reddit app with related images isn't what I want. I want to see the image the other user linked to me.
This used to be the best image hosting site/app ever and now it's just another wannabe social media site.
Are you a lurker?
Let's face it y'all we need to constantly e entertained and feel connected to other with similar interests. Do you like having the power to make post rise and fall? Do you like seeing the latest gifs, memes, and stories? Well Imgur is for you! Let's be real y'all it's a repost and OC paradise. 🍌 for scale 5 outa 5