Imgur: Awesome Images & GIFs
By Imgur, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Imgur app has the best gaming, tech, geek & awesome GIFs, images, and memes...updated daily! Enjoy the day's most best and funniest stream of images, pictures, GIFs, and memes! Millions of people around the world use Imgur everyday to share and enjoy hilariously funny GIFs, awesome science facts, cute kitten pics, informative tutorials, amazing 4K wallpapers, and their favorite motivational stories. Perfect for your commute, standing in line, zoning out in class and whenever you should be doing something else. The best pics, GIFs, and memes on the internet are now in the palm of your hand.
• Easily search, browse, and enjoy the best and funniest pics and GIFs in Grid View or tap a post to bring its content front and center.
• Use our Upload feature to create and share your own pictures, memes, GIFs, and photo albums with millions.
• Vote to help send the best to “Most Viral”—our winner’s circle of the best posts that day.
• Search the most popular, viral, or newest images, GIFs, and albums on Imgur.
• Interested in seeing images from a specific section of Reddit? Type in r/ before your search term to find all the awesome images from that sub reddit.
• Love something? Favorite pics and posts that you love and be sure to share them with your friends through Messenger, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, Pinterest and more!
Love Imgur or have some feedback? Let us know at http://imgur.com/help, write a review, or reach out to us:
What's New in Version 3.0
- Updated look and feel throughout the app
- Rotation: use the app in portrait or landscape.
- Navigation: simplified opening screens; no more disturbing your flow with full-screen screens.
- Dynamic Type: font sizes adjust to your system-wide settings.
- Improved gridview design. Images no longer covered by the titles
- Comment composing: as you’re writing, see what you’re replying to. Type in landscape.
- Double-tap to upvote posts.
- Less cluttered design for browsing posts
- Upvote, downvote, favorite and share no longer cover content, moved to the navigation bar.
- Refresh posts by the normal pull-to-refresh
- Return to Grid View from a post by pulling back from the left edge, tapping the back button, or tapping ‘home’ on the tab bar
- New “About” subsection to see biography and trophies.
- See user’s biographies in search results
- 3D Touch support on various Search results.
Bug fixes, small things
- Enables AirDrop when sharing posts, comments and images.
- Enables Handoff between Mac and iPhone to open Imgur posts.
- Fixes a few cases where gifs would not play correctly.
- Fixes being able to open a profile for [deleted] comments.
- Fixes delay for User Submitted’s newest for logged-in users.
- Fixes a crash when logging in via Twitter.
"Fixed" all the good features away
Wow, lots of visual fixes but while doing that they got rid of all the things that worked.
1. It now only tells you the number of upvotes on the thumbnail before clicking into a post. Before, it also showed number of comments, type, and number of images. Why would you get rid of all that useful info!?
2. Getting to comments on long posts is a pain now. They had a feature to make this easier, now it is gone. Why!?
3. They changed the way you navigate back. Although I prefer swiping right to go back over swiping down, that is a huge change to functionality. You're going to get a lot of confused people who were use to the old.
Forgiving 3, the first 2 are total screw ups. There is no reason to remove functionality, especially 1 which is a BIG deal. I can't tell wth I'm clicking on anymore or if it is worth it. Upvotes don't always represent where an interesting convo is going down or if I should avoid a 400 image post. Bring it back!!
No! How dare you change where the down vote, up vote and the favorite! I used to come home after a long day at high school or used it during class now everyone will no what I'm doing because I'll be using two hands trying to use the favorite button. And how dare you remove the galaxy and pizza cat on from my profile (pizza cat being a reminder I haven't posted and galaxy being the general default background). So dear Imgur people pls pls fix this plz!! I love imgur and I can't use it easily anymore and it looks gross now it looks like an Instagram ripoff I mean just take a look at the two on mobile.
A Blurred Concept
I absolutely love the new design. Flat, simple, elegant, new; yet so familiar.
As much as I enjoy this design though, the functionality has taken a beating.
For the sake of a short review, my biggest complaint is the swipe gesture from the left of the display to return to the main feed. This new function interferes with the gesture that allows you to swipe between posts and is quite annoying. I find myself trying to swipe to the main feed but end up swiping to the previous post.
I would like if the 'swipe down' gesture was brought back in place of the new gesture. The swipe down made it easier to get out of a post.