iMimic Says: 80's Vintage Electronic Retro Classic Memory Game HD Retina
By Fernando Sciessere
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The 80's are back! And your memory will be challenged by this retro-style electronic game*. Repeat the sequence of tones and lights played by iMimic - it starts with a single tone and every round the sequence gets one tone longer - how far can you follow iMimic?
The faster you tap the sequence the higher you score. Climb yourself up the leaderboards. Collect all achievements.
Le Blog iPhon.fr: "Simon is available in many applications but I chose iMimic because it is the one that mostly resembles the original game."
• Ultra-fast touch response
• Gorgeous retro look with exclusive artwork
• High-resolution graphics optimized for Retina Display
• Realistic lights effects and sounds
• Leaderboards and achievements with Game Center
• Brag your scores and achievements on Facebook and Twitter
• Funny posts to your favorite social networks
• Universal Binary: the same app runs on iPod, iPhone, iPad and iPad mini
• Keep listening to your iTunes' songs during gameplay
• 2 chances to miss a note and retry the sequence!
• Automatic Tutor: detects when the player doesn't know how to play and shows how it is done
• Display with “turn” (machine vs player) and “chances left” indicators
• Challenge your memory even further with the new "Monochromic" gameplay
“iMimic Challenge” (InApp Purchase):
• Removes Ads
• Extends gameplay up to level 99
WATCH THE VIDEO:
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/imimicgame
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=159444354102149
*iMimic is not endorsed by or affiliated with Milton Bradley's Simon game.
What's New in Version 1.41
Please: write a review after updating - even if you already did in the past. It really helps us!
• Everybody can play past level 14! (no need to buy it anymore)
• Sound and Lights are perfectly synchronized even when the game gets really fast.
great game could be a little better for me
I love iMimic.
The clicks when I hit a correct sound were very useful for helping me figure out what buttons do what.
Notes about my using VoiceOver:
It was very useful for me to know how to use the Set Custom Label feature to figure out that -- in swipe-right order -- the 3rd button is for settings, and the 4th button is to play. I used the chord-& (space with dots 1 2 3, 4 6) on the Braille Sense to set custom label; I forget how to do it without a braille display.
I would like the 4 sound buttons to respond to a single touch when I set Typing Style to Touch Typing, and I would like all the other buttons to still need the double tap.
An example of this is in the Phone app, where the End call button is called a button and needs the double tap, whereas the touch tone buttons aren't called buttons and respond to a single touch.
For iMimic, Setting Typing style to Direct Touch Typing doesn't seem to make a difference.
As I said, I love this game and don't mind giving it 5 stars, even while suggesting the improvements.
An Incredible Likeness To An Old Friend!
It looks, feels and plays just like the original 1980s Simon game that we all knew and loved, and our parents hated, 'til we caught them playing too…. The only things that this Simon lover can find missing here are the dead batteries and the old hard plastic. I was pleasantly surprised to find that even the sounds of the big old plastic buttons is made available to further the enjoyment of gameplay!
In summary, I LOVE it!!
Great 80's nostalgia
If you played the Simon game as a kid, you're gonna love this. Really nice interface and features. I found another similar app called Fred O'Clock that uses a similar memory game as this one but combines it with an alarm clock, so it wakes you up with a game. It's based on a different (but very similar) 80's toy. If you like this one you should also check that other one out too.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 27, 2014
- Version: 1.41
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fernando Sciessere
- © Fernando Sciessere & Everson Siqueira
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$1.99