From the makers of iMissal comes an approved Catholic Bible featuring the New American Bible (NABre). This carries an Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat from the Catholic Church. No WIFI is necessary, entire Bible is offline (integrated) and available for immediate use.
** Integrated directly with iMissal so that you can jump from Mass Readings and Bible Verses directly into iMissal Bible for full contextual reference. Partial Integration is complete, we are continually linking more content.
* Entire New American Bible (NABre)
* No WIFI necessary
* Works on both iPhone and iPad
* Includes Footnotes and Endnotes
* Fully searchable by word, phrase, verse. Filterable.
* Share scripture via social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Email)
* Multiple Display Modes (Day, Night, Sepia)
* User Font typeface and size selection
* Highlight text using multiple colors
* Book Ribbons
* Verses on separate lines setting
* Multiple Paging Options (flick, vertical and horizontal paging)
* Create your own Notes for later reference
* View FootNotes without interrupting reading flow
* History tracking
* Reading Plans (Coming Soon!)
NOTE: This does not include a Missal, please download iMissal for that functionality.
Fixes for iOS 8.3
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!
This is the best Bible app available! I love the integration with iMissal.
Wish it had reading plans available, and I would add page turn animation as a "wish list" item, but it is overall a great app.
Cancha make more faith based apps like this (e.g. Catechism)?
no syncing feature; difficult page swiping
Unless I'm missing it, there's no sync feature. So if you bookmark, highlight, or write "margin notes" it's not going to carry over to your other device. And this seems to be the one issue they should jump on and correct. It's not user friendly to go back and forth from iPhone to iPad to make sure your Bibles match up. Page swiping could be improved as well; it sometimes takes up to three attempts to get to next page. There is a scrolling feature though if you want your experience more web based than book based. No noticeable issues with scrolling. These are all very straightforward things to correct, and should have been a long time ago.
Amazing app, one flaw
I love this app and I use it constantly. I like how easy it is to navigate and I like making notes and highlighting verses. My one problem is that you can't select more than the text that is on the screen to highlight or make notes on. If you try to scroll, it not longer selects anything. If that is fixed, this will, by far, be my favorite app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.