By Pierre-Phi di Costanzo
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This application is a multilingual Japanese dictionary that does not require an internet connection.
Imiwa? was created using the amazing JMdict files from the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group based on the work of Jim Breen on the EDICT project.
While some definitions are available in 4 languages (English, French, Russian and German), only the English translation is guaranteed for all entries in the JMDict dictionary. Initiate a search in any of those 4 languages, in Japanese or in romaji and imiwa? will do the rest.
imiwa? Also includes a rich database of kanji (KanjiDic), examples (from tatoeba.org) and conjugations as well as tools suitable for beginners.
Use the Traditional Chinese character recognition keyboard included in the iOS system for drawing kanji on screen.
What's New in Version 4.1.2
- Italian language in dictionary definitions
- Similar kanji information
- Faster dictionary and example search
- Kanji lookup by external reference number
- くれる and いい conjugation
- Images search shortcut (tap and hold Japanese word in dictionary display)
- Save backup to cloud services
Language learning app of choice for 10 years!
I owe much of my present language abilities to this app. It is not only the best Japanese language app I know of; however, the thousands of examples in other languages are incredibly useful for learning.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 01, 2017
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 980 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Pierre-Philipp di Costanzo
- © Pierre-Philippe di Costanzo 2008-2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.