This application is a multilingual Japanese dictionary that does not require an internet connection.
Imiwa? was created using the amazing JMdict files from the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group based on the work of Jim Breen on the EDICT project.
While some definitions are available in 4 languages (English, French, Russian and German), only the English translation is guaranteed for all entries in the JMDict dictionary. Initiate a search in any of those 4 languages, in Japanese or in romaji and imiwa? will do the rest.
imiwa? Also includes a rich database of kanji (KanjiDic), examples (from tatoeba.org) and conjugations as well as tools suitable for beginners.
Use the Traditional Chinese character recognition keyboard included in the iOS system for drawing kanji on screen.
- Italian language in dictionary definitions
- Similar kanji information
- Faster dictionary and example search
- Kanji lookup by external reference number
- くれる and いい conjugation
- Images search shortcut (tap and hold Japanese word in dictionary display)
- Save backup to cloud services
Ratings and Reviews
brief and clear
I’ve used this app for 2,5 years
This is the best app on the app store. There is nothing else to say. Period.
Why Haven’t You Downloaded This Yet?
I am a lazy person who almost never takes the time to write reviews on the apps I use frequently but I love this app so much that I *needed* to write this.
imiwa? has a number of fantastic features. The analyze capability with the auto-clipboard lookup is incredibly useful. Along with the examples sentences and its verb conjugation ability, the app is definitely my go-to when reading Japanese texts.
I love this app
During my exchange in japan this was the best app to be honest. It shows old expressions, new ones and slang. Very useful!! I think the analyzer is very helpful as I still use it until today.
- Pierre-Philipp di Costanzo
- 979.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Pierre-Philippe di Costanzo 2008-2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.