The Infatuation: Restaurant Reviews for New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco & Chicago
By EATS Athletic Club LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You know the trusted friends you turn to when you need a reliable restaurant suggestion? In our circle, that's us...and we don't disappoint.
If you're in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Austin, or Denver we've got you covered.
The Infatuation (formerly known as Immaculate Infatuation) has become one of the country's most trusted resources for honest, relatable perspective on restaurants. Now it's even easier to find the ideal spot that's “Perfect For:” Date Night, Girls' Night Out, Dinner With The Parents, and much more. This app makes searching through The Infatuation’s vast database of carefully curated reviews both easy and enjoyable. This is the restaurant guide that you've been looking for.
“Apps for finding restaurants are plentiful, but most of them leave me feeling overwhelmed. I want someone to choose for me, and I trust the authors of this app to do that. Their taste has never led me astray.” - Joshua Brustein, The New York Times
• NEARBY: Find nearby restaurants around your current location, while also moving the map to see restaurants anywhere and everywhere.
• SEARCH: Browse and combine from four different search categories to find the restaurant that best suits your needs. Categories include: Perfect For (example filters: Girls’ Night Out, Late Night Eats, Outdoor/Patio Situation), Cuisine, Neighborhood and more.
• HIT LIST: Now it’s easy to keep track of your favorite restaurants and the ones that you have been dying to try. “Hit List” any of our reviews on the app and it’ll keep a running list of your favorite and future targets. Hit Listed restaurants will also show up in red on the Nearby map.
What's New in Version 4.0.0
We are happy to announce a fresh update to The Infatuation app:
• Visual Refresh - The app now matches our redesigned website
• Guides (and Hit List) - Guides are now in the app AND you can add any restaurant included in a guide to your Hit List
• Uber + OpenTable - Get transportation to and book reservations at your favorite restaurants
• List View for Map - See which dining options are closest
• Spotlight Search - Search for restaurants or guides directly from your home screen
Plan Nights Around Infatuation
This app has well written, informative and accurate reviews, an upgrade over Yelp or foursquare in this regard. The guides are helpful as well because they allow one to find more nuanced categories, like where to get drinks that also has casual food options. In a way, these guides offer enhanced filtering over traditional crowd sourced review guides. The app doesn't have as many specific filtering options like an open now, or draw a boundary, or price filter; but I like this better as it means you make a night about going to the place rather than incorporating the place into ur night because of the convenience. For this reason, I like to consider the app kinda like the millennial Michelin guide.
Not only is this app a refreshing addition for true purists searching for exceptional cuisine, but it is also simple and well structured. Living in California, I am glad to have discovered the Infatuation, even in its infancy barely in New York. Their email, website and other media was a must follow for me as well. As far as what the team at the Infatuation has in store next, I couldn't be more ecstatic for further endeavors from (in my opinion) the best company that's happened to food since chowhound. Kudos to everyone involved and keep up the top notch work.
Significant upgrade and it's a beaut
I've been a long time fan of the Infatuation, and use their iOS app on an almost daily basis to guide my adventurous eating habits across NYC and beyond. Saw they just updated to a 2.0 on ProductHunt and couldn't be more impressed with the added value here. Guides are now in full swing among other things, and the UX is a pleasure, even more than before. Thumbs up to the Infatuation Team for getting this right; you guys are still rocking it.