imo free video calls and text for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the millions of people using imo to message and call your family and friends for FREE!
- Avoid SMS charges - send unlimited imo messages over 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi for FREE
- High-quality browser-to-mobile video and voice calls
- Share pictures and voice messages with friends
- Express yourself with FREE stickers!
- Create groups with friends, family, roommates and more
- Easily share and explore photos in your groups
- Meet new people on the imo Network
- Quickly search your chat history
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/imoim
What's New in Version 2.8.3
Overall useful and good
Overall, I find this very useful so that I can get messages on any of my devices (and I use both Mac and PC). I also don't have to worry about jumping between old and new messaging systems (it even has ICQ!!! that sure takes me back...). I especially like that I don't have to use Facebooks crappy in-browser interface (and yet, some people still use it to contact me - mystifying). So supremely helpful, but...
I would like better syncing; occasionally, I will miss a message, because it goes to a device I'm not on, but fails to come to the device I am on - but this doesn't happen too, too much. The other thing I would like is if my half of the conversation synced across devices; sometimes I start a conversation at work or on my phone, then finish it on my iPad at home... but I can't remember what we were talking about (senility sets in early...) several hours ago and so I don't understand the response I get.
Formerly Excellent app
This used to be one of my favorite apps. - reliable, responsive, simple. Now it dies on contact! Be warned! Don't upgrade! Before this upgrade, it did exactly what I asked it to do. It let me have all my accounts in one easy place. It was great for texting my family late at night. Now it's the black screen of death. Why do they change what is working fine?
Update- I upgraded my iOS. Lost all the music I had ripped into iTunes ( I own the CDs, jerks!) but the apps do function much better, including this one. I'm upgrading it because I like the simplicity and aggregation, and that it stays on while i am using other apps. I had to upgrade my OS though, and that meant that I lost all my music. IMO should warn users not to upgrade if they are on an older OS.
Removing 3rd chat protocols removes this app's usefulness
Wow... what the H were you thinking IMO? Mad that everyone was using your app without signing up for an IMO account so you decided to pull 3rd party chat protocols completely? Do you have any idea how completely idiotic that is? The reason everyone used your app was it used to be a fantastic app to chat on Google Talk and other networks, now that you've removed those and forced everyone to your own IM network, you have completely removed any usefulness. The last thing I need is yet another IM network to sign up for and attempt to get all my friends to switch over to... seriously, how dumb can you be? I just uninstalled this after being a faithful user for years. Way to sink your app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 12, 2014
- Version: 2.8.3
- Size: 30.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: imo.im
- © 2009-2014 imo.im
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Yearly Premium Account Subscription$4.99
- imosaurus Sticker Pack$0.99
- Dunkin Sticker Pack$0.99