By Inexika Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This beautiful app is an ultimate mood journal, personal diary and charting tool. It will help you discover causes of your ups and downs, and get surprising insights into yourself!
* One of the 10 Best Apps for Bipolar Disorder by the Healthline.com
With iMoodJournal you can:
- Keep notes of your overall well-being with our colorful scale with editable mood labels. Record your thoughts and experiences.
- Setup automatic reminders – as many as needed per day, even random! Now iMoodJournal will remind you when it's time to check in with yourself.
- Browse the history of your records using our engaging animated mood history chart.
- Establish associations between your mood and experiences by adding #hashtags to your records (yeah, like those in Twitter!).
- Mark your emotions, people surrounding you, any other objects or activities with #hashtags. Examples: #angry, #cheerful, #surprised, #friends, #workout. iMoodJournal will show you how your feelings and your surrounding affect your wellbeing in long term.
- Track your medication and sleep using #hastags with colons and numeric values like #aspirin:40mg or #sleep:8h
- Spot triggers of your mood changes on Top Positive and Negative #hashtags charts and filter your mood records by #hashtags.
- Take self-portrait photos and realize how your mood affects your appearance.
- Recognize time-based patterns in your mood on gorgeous summary charts, which include full mood history, as well as weekly and daily average charts.
- Visualize your #hashtags values on large landscape mood chart to see whether there is any correlation between your mood and medication, sleep or any other measurable essences you track.
- Share your mood with friends on Facebook.
WHEN DO I NEED A MOOD DIARY?
Mood diary is a tool frequently offered by psychologists and therapists to help us discover facts about ourselves that otherwise slip our attention. You may experience a serious diagnosed condition like bipolar, OCD or depression. You may have stressful job, like manager reporting to executives or customer facing specialist, which makes you feel exhausted at the end of your long day. You may be on emotional rollercoaster as your partner is making your heart tear apart. Or you may simply be curious to know yourself better. This app may help! Bring your iMoodJournal to your therapist or discuss it with your close friend to maximize its positive impact on your life.
* To get the best out of this app, please, keep regular records (preferably 2 – 3 times a day) of your mood with tags and self-portraits for at least 1 – 2 weeks. The Weekly Cycle chart requires several weeks of records to generate meaningful output. We wish you the very best experience with iMoodJournal. Please, send us your feedback at email@example.com.
* Note that we have no means to answer you if you try to get in touch using App Store reviews. Please, contact us by email or our website contact form.
What's New in Version 3.2.4
Fixed the problem with incorrect text displaying on iPhone 4/iPad on creating a mood entry in landscape mode.
What's New in Version 3.1
- iCloud or Dropbox synchronization - makes possible to have identical data on all devices connected to Internet;
- Enhanced graph view - mood entries from a broader time range are available for viewing.
Nothing but good things to say!!
I haven't found a better way to express my feelings. I'm so ecstatic to have found this app, it's better than everything I've tried. It truly shows how low my moods were in the beginning, but after I began using the app, my moods increased drastically, because I was venting my feelings in a healthy way, and I feel overall so much better. If you are on the edge about the commitment of the app, it can send you reminders and ask how you are feeling, even if I don't log when it asks me, it's just nice to have a check in with myself to see how I am really feeling. If you are thinking about getting the app, just get it. It's free, and it's amazing. There is nothing bad about it, it's completely customizable to how you want to express your moods, and it's so easy to use, if you are worried about people finding your journal entries, you can put a password on them, so only you can get in, I have no complaints, everything about it is amazing, this app is for everyone. Couldn't be happier with it!
Great app for folks w mood disorders!
I tried so many different ways of tracking my mood cycles and patterns and this has been the only one that works for me. It's also great that you can track anything you want -- I track particular feelings, events, medication changes, and behaviors over time and across situations. My only complaints are that it doesn't display all of the text of your words when the entry is long, and that I can't change the settings. Older versions had an annoying gong sound but newer ones no longer use it. To be fair, everyone else apparently hated the gong, but I liked having it to pester me into picking up my phone to use it. In any event, sounds are not a setting I can figure out how to change (and I'm fairly technology-literate). Otherwise this app is amazing! I can live with its limitations. I use a different app to make annoying chimes for me at the right times and I'm content.
Before I found this, I was trying to track my moods with a normal journal, and I found that this app makes it much easier and helps greatly in finding insights. Indeed it is a much more seriously useful tool than its smiley face icon would suggest. The function that connects words to moods using hashtags is a very clever tool, as are the charts of mood patterns in the course of a day, week etc. I'm just having a bit of trouble setting the reminders function to simply run all day long, but I do love that it offers randomly timed periodic reminders.
I also think it might be useful to be able to tag positive and negative aspects within a single entry instead of cataloging everything within an entry as either positive or negative. Overall, a great tool though.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 21, 2016
- Version: 3.2.4
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, Russian
- Seller: Inexika Inc.
- © 2016 Inexika Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.