By Mobile Nations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMore delivers breaking news, helpful how-tos, tips & tricks, the latest app, game, and accessory reviews, and industry-leading podcasts for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac enthusiasts. From our expert editorial staff to our incredibly engaged community, iMore helps you get the most out of your iOS and OS X devices, and your digital life.
- Enjoy instant access to all the latest content from iMore.
- Comment on stories using your Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft, Google, or Mobile Nations account.
- Read and participate in the active forums right from the app!
- Share articles via Mail, iMessage, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Save articles to Safari Reading List to view later.
- Listen to the iMore show, Vector, Iterate, Debug, ZEN & TECH, and all the Mobile Nations podcasts.
- Send your news, photos, and story ideas back to iMore.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
I want to love this app but...
... Unfortunately it's very buggy. I've lived with it for a couple of months hoping for an update but no such luck. When you click on a article it's a 50/50 chance that you get the corresponding story, same for the top headline images. Images inside the articles are mostly a no show. So for now it goes to the delete pile. Great content not so great functionality. Hoping for a better version.
Another thing not related to the app is links in the imore emails never work:(
Alternate portrait orientation function missing
One partial remedy for the lack of swiping away the left half of the split screen in landscape is to use the portrait orientation for larger text but it only works when one end of the iPad is down, the Home button end. I use the Rain Design iRest iPad holder but I cannot have any cables plugged in when the iPad is placed in the holder for the portrait orientation with your app because you do not have automatic switching with the other end down, too, like, for example, the Consumer Reports app does.
Once I turned the iPad to portrait mode I was delighted. The menu bar in landscape (which is how I usually use my iPad) won't go away. I have had similar problems with other apps so I tried turning it to portrait mode. I was happy to see that now I could swipe the menus away.
I'd like to see that happen in landscape mode also but for now it's cool.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 15, 2015
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Mobile Nations LLC
- © Mobile Nations
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.