Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro.
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
• Start projects quickly by selecting multiple photos and videos
• Share to Facebook and Vimeo using the standard iOS share interface
• Support for Shared iPad in iOS 9.3 or later
• Stability and performance improvements
APPLE PLEASE READ
This is amazing. If someone reading this review is having issues I can give reasons. So I love it, after using it for years I've gotten great at it but I think it needs some more filters, transitions, and movie/trailer templates or themes. It would be great if you could use the computer version and add stuff that's in the computer version into mobile. Also, this is major. I'll exit the app temporarily or sometimes not even do that, but then it glitches. So I exit the project and come back in and ALL OF MY AUDIO HAS MOVED A COUPLE SECONDS BACK! This has been a major issue. Please fix! It happens after I've been working on a videos a while. Also, when I leave the app for five seconds (I have uploads to iCloud on my photos so I'll have to download them from iCloud to use them) and after a long time of downloading everything from iCloud, it re downloads it to iCloud, which means I have to wait again!
Also, for anyone having issues, here are some fixes
No, the app doesn't save video seperate. If you delete something in your camera roll, its gone.
For people complaining about audio: turn the audio percent down. If it is grainy then go back to the project and turn it down from whatever percent it is.
I've been using iMovie since iPhone 4s days. Honestly since then, the only things that have changed is 1) They removed the RED news text overlay effect 2) added a few transitions 3) added color filters with no adjustments whatsoever. I've become a master of this editing app and I really like it, I just wish you would either update and add more content or at least offer a paid package for more to use within the app itself. I believe it's easily worth the $5 and sometimes it's on sale for FREE and when it was I shared the link to my friends. I've gotten excellent at workarounds for the app that help me edit better overall. I don't like having to use and buy other apps for simple effects that could of been purchased here and make my editing life easier. Example: I know how to do a 4/video split screen in your app. The issue is you have to export 6 times to do that. It's a troublesome workaround but I can do it. I want the PIP frame to be removable, more text overlay effect themes, color options and adjustments for contrast hue saturation etc. I'd pay for it if I could but it's not offered! YT/PairUgamers.
Omg Thank u!!...BUT!!
Thank you for being able to select more than one photo and video! BUT when selecting photos it doesn't have the "Recent" Option to be able to select the most recent photos you have on your phone instead u have to go from the oldest photo to the newest and it's too much scrolling if you have many photos. Then also a glitch with this app is that some clips you upload and play the video the clip shows up as black or it glitches in beginning and have no clue why that happens. Also is there anyways we can have More transitions in the app? Also having new styles? More FX's and having option of moving the test where ever we want to on the video? Also having the ability to place text on the whole video instead of it disappearing after a clip? Could you guys add more ways to show beat through the clips with different clip themes like the clip have bumping/pulse option, having clip move certain way? These are just some ideas. I hope you guys read this and think about it. Thank you Apple❤️❤️
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 28, 2016
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 697 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.