Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Make every video more memorable
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Add a video filter, animated title, and soundtrack to any clip
• Instantly save new video clips to your photo library
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Fine-tune your soundtrack with audio controls including trim, split, duplicate, and fade
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with posters as you share clips, trailers, and movies
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy iMovie Theater on your HDTV with Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share to Facebook, Vimeo, and CNN iReport
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.2
• Create and share movies at stunning 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) on compatible iOS devices *
• Create and share movies with 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more true-to-life action
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus to quickly start a new movie right from the Home Screen
• Desktop-class performance on iPad Pro with the ability to edit multiple streams of 4K video and use shortcuts with the Smart Keyboard
• Enhanced interface on iPad Pro with full-height Media Browser and pixel-for-pixel 1080 HD Viewer
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Option to hide Media Browser while editing a movie
• Option to disable Ken Burns animation on a photo
• Redesigned Project Details view lets you watch movies and trailers before opening them
• Redesigned Video view lets you see more of your library while browsing videos and photos on iPad
• Improved Inspector controls with easy-to-read text labels on iPad
• Support for Slide Over and Split View when multitasking with the iMovie Extension for Photos
• Redesigned Audio browser in the iMovie Extension lets you easily browse and hear music
• Performance and stability improvements
• Support for Canadian French, Hindi, and Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
* 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
Ok, so I've been making an edit for the last couple of days and I just recently updated iMovie right before I finished my edit. I clicked the play symbol thing (I was still in the 'edit' part of iMovie) and it was perfect. Then I exited out of the edit part and actually clicked the part where you see your edit full screen. I noticed that the beginning was a little off, which I didn't mind, so I went back to fix it. Once I got back EVERYTHING WAS MESSED UP. The audio was a lot of seconds behind were it should have been and the clips automatically added a couple of seconds. When I scrolled to see the last part of the edit, it didn't even let me. It just stopped. I kept trying over and over to fix it and it just kept getting worse. You guys REALLY need to fix this like Asap.
I love this app for my videos. There are no other video editing apps like this one. I have a fitness page & use this app for all of my videos! It's the best. If I could ask for one improvement it would deff be, white boarders!!! I wish, like other apps, that you could have the videos appear with white boarders after editing so it's not just black! I have to use other techniques so that the black boarders won't appear on my Instagram. PLEASE add this feature. It would be the most idea app everrrr, if you guys added the option to change the black boarders to white.
Good but... Please read
I Movie has worked great for me but recently with the new update I try to import a video and the video doesn't show up on the drop down bar with all your video on your camera roll. I can see the little picture of the video but when I go to click it the video doesn't show up. I tried deleting and re-downloading the app but it still has the same problem. Currently I cannot make any new movies until this problem is fixed. Please come out with an update to fix the bug! Thanks.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 646 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.