With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
• Connect an external display to your iPad or iPhone and choose to mirror the iPad display or preview your video fullscreen while you edit* — with support for uncompressed 4K video output on iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
• Resolves issues which could cause video distortion when editing a vertical video clip with the iMovie edit extension in the Photos app
• Addresses an issue which could prevent sharing videos through a cellular connection on iPhone or iPad
• Improves stability including an issue which could occur after adding speed change effects to clips in your movie
* Fullscreen video preview while editing requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
Ratings and Reviews
Create your first film with Multi-Touch.
Love it! Amazing! Also, I am rating other Apple apps that you are not allowed to rate on here.
Apple News: Missing stories. I live in Southern Oregon, and I experienced a lot this summer and spring, but the stories are not on there. A horrible thunderstorm causing a flood on May 15, I have never seen anything like it! But it was not on there? In late June, a car got pulled over by police and had a bunch of boxes on top of it. I got to news to learn more, but it was not on there either??? Also, just 2 days ago, a fire erupted in Medford that was visible from near the mall. Please add those stories. Overall 4.99/5
Apple itself: 3.5/5 Big ups, but also a few downs. Some apps I really liked. I got to use them. They said that they needed to be updated by the creator, but I could still use them, I liked it, that is until iOS 10. It was ruined for me! Also, I got a lot of apps from a purchased section, but I CANNOT REVIEW THE, BECAUSE I “DO NOT OWN THEM.” That is the most frustrating thing, at least fix that. I try to review apps to give them suggestions, and point out bugs, but I can’t cause I “do not own them.” Well, I sort of DO own them if I got them from a purchased section. You also need a version chooser option. I got Baldi’s Basics for iOS, and the WORST UPDATE EVER came out today. They made it so it is not like the original! I want to change the version so I could use it and still be happy. It makes me disgusted even LOOKING at it.
Great 👍🏻 but
It’s really a great game but once you do some you get tired of making movies and trailers so I was thinking it would be cool if you guys added some more stuff in there also I think for music for The background of your iMovie you should be able to get songs from your iPad or phone and transfer it to iMovie please consider these ideas I would also like to say that there should be more sound effects to go with your movie also you should give the people who just started A Lerner video to be able to learn how the whole process works it was confusing to me when we first started doing in class so I think you should make something that would show everybody how to write and everywhere and everything else I didn’t know how to ride till like a week after so that tells you how confusing it is and if there is a learners video you guys should make it easier cause I’m pretty sure we watched it or that was somebody else’s but I am still please consider these I would really like to have more it is really fun game not really game so I really like it it is very fun to do in your free time and if you guys could keep adding stuff please do it but I would rather you had not have to update the app to get it that would be great because some I am now about update my iPad at school but I am on my phone so if you could please do this so be great thank you
- Apple Inc.
- 690.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.