Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro.
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
• Resolves a stability issue when using Display Zoom on iPad Pro
• Stability improvements
USED TO BE PERFECT, NOW A REALLY BIG PROBLEM!
I make vine edits so I was in need for a quick & easy editing software. Which so, I came across IMovie. I've been using this for a long time now and I haven't had any problems at all...apart from this entire month the whole software has been been very annoying and unresponsive. When watching through my progress video, it will suddenly glitch out and just show a black 'slide'. I would then have to move that current slide and position it somewhere else so the problem is over. (Which it never is) This happens constantly and now I've got the point where I want to quit this app. Apple need to get this bug/error fixed ASAP. I've spent my own money on this and Apple haven't even been bothered to fix this problem. Feedback back is here for a reason. Use it sometime... Apart from this, the software is great. Works smoothly, they could add some more transitions or text, but that doesn't really matter. Hopefully you do not get this problem that I do because I can't even use this app barely anymore. thanks for reading everyone.🤘🏼
AMAZING app but need some improvement
This is an amazing app and is probably one of the best video making apps I've ever used... But sometimes it makes its self "a little too fancy." For example, when I import a picture from camera roll, in the video it cuts some of the picture out and moves the view left and right across the picture. So the picture is basically moving, and this is why I sometimes have to use a different app. Dear iMovie, please make this an optional effect. Also, it only keeps pictures and videos saved on the movie your making while your editing, but only if it's also saved onto camera roll. So if I am combining a lot of small videos, then each of those small videos I have to keep saved onto camera for that period of time I'm editing the movie. Okay, but of course this takes up space. Other wise, this is a fantastic app and I recommend using this. Thank you for reading this and I hope you get this app and enjoy using it.
Needs major improvement/ Bug fixes
When I initially started using this app I felt as if it were flawless. However, once you get deep into creating a project there's plenty of annoying bugs that should be fixed. Ever so often your playback will turn black and will not respond. Even if you close the app. So essentially you could lose all of your hard work. Also, when it comes to the integration of iCloud, this app seriously bugs out and says that certain videos can not be downloaded from iCloud when they are clearly working everywhere else. Almost made me throw my phone one day lol. Other than these and a few other little bugs, with the addition of a few more transitions and added text choices, this is a great app to quickly edit and create cool movies . Especially if you're vlogging, using vine, or just creating internet videos.
I hope these problems get fixed 😀😀😀
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 20, 2016
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 647 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.