Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Make every video more memorable
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Add a video filter, animated title, and soundtrack to any clip
• Instantly save new video clips to your photo library
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful HD movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Fine-tune your soundtrack with audio controls including trim, split, duplicate, and fade
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with posters as you share clips, trailers, and movies
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy iMovie Theater on your HDTV with Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Publish to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and CNN iReport
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop**
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV***
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
*** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
• Addresses issue in which portrait photos may be cropped incorrectly when added to a project
• Updates compatibility with sharing to YouTube
It shouldn't have to mess up...
I love this app most of the time, but when I work on a 20 minuteish video with songs and sound effects and the times of playing for each of those songs and sound effects get all messed up, that's when I get a bit aggravated. I'm not sure why this happens, but it's happened 2 times to me. I'm using the newest iOS and I occasionally force shut the app when the movie timeline gets ahead of the preview screen (another problem with this app) and the only thing I think would be possible to do this was that I transferred clips from my computer on to my iPad Air, and put into this video. Either that or your just not good at finding these kind of problems.
Thx for the Update
This app had some issues before with the crop on the images, but after you guys made the update that fixes the crop on the images. I was finally able to make a successful movie. Again thx for the update and my only request is that you add some more sound effects like the ones in DBZ and some more themes but that's about it. Thx for the update and pls. Keep up the good work.
iMovie Crops My Video Way Down
I just did a self tape for my daughter who's an actress for an audition and it cropped the video/movie I was making of her so much that it cut her head off?! I had plenty of room from all sides with her in the middle but the movie "project" cropped it in a measly square. The video of her in the app is just fine??? There is no way to turn off this square presentation and automatic cropping!!! Hate this, Not a hard problem to fix, "Hello" is anybody home at Apple? I have a Apple 6+ btw May 2015?
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 30, 2015
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 647 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2014 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.