This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro.
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.4
• Improves compatibility when sharing to YouTube
Starting to become annoying
I do love iMovie, I’ve been using it for years on all of my films but now I’m having more and more problems with it. Now it’s really buggy and annoying. I do love the newer features but recently I’ve been having the worst bug.
I would be editing a film for 2 hours and randomly the whole project would corrupt. When there be a split in the video it would make the screen flash black and audio cut out making the audio uneven and generally ruining the film. I’ve been recently been experiencing this more and more and it’s so annoying.
Please fix this Apple and I’ll give this tool I used to love 5 stars.
Mandy Erickson- YT
I use this to edit my videos and ever since the new update it leaves my videos at "downloading to the cloud" it's annoying. I really enjoy this app, but I'm going to have to delete it... I need to be able to to edit and upload the same day. I had to delete a WHOLE vlog because it just kept telling me downloading videos and it really upset me. So I just tried editing a new video last night and in the middle of it saving to my camera roll it popped up and said "downloading videos" and I was exporting it. So this stuff needs to be fixed it just is not working as great as it did before the update. If it wasn't for this I'd give it 5 stars cause it is a great editor.
you cant put in pictures. if you try, even if you turn off key burns, it just zooms in a ton so you cant see anything in the picture. i pressed help and it showed an option to move it the picture around but everytime i do it just moves back into place. i cant zoom out. i cant move the picture from one side of the screen to another. this app frustrates me so much. PLEASE fix this.
ANOTHER THING: why cant it play videos if it doesnt have the video in my camera roll anymore? i ended up losing my entire project for school because of this stupid app.
dont get this app. there are way better ones out there than this frustrating piece of junk.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 05, 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 699 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.