Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Make every video more memorable
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Add a video filter, animated title, and soundtrack to any clip
• Instantly save new video clips to your photo library
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful HD movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Fine-tune your soundtrack with audio controls including trim, split, duplicate, and fade
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with posters as you share clips, trailers, and movies
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy iMovie Theater on your HDTV with Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Publish to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and CNN iReport
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop**
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV***
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
*** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
• Support for iCloud Photo Library beta
• Share videos with iCloud Photo Sharing
• Resolves issues that could occur when rotating a device while in the Video browser
• Performance and stability improvements
Introduced in Version 2.1
• Support for iOS 8
• Enhance video clips in the Photos app using the iMovie extension
• Choose from 10 Apple-designed filters to stylize a video clip or an entire movie
• Slow down, freeze, or speed up a portion of a clip*
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Send videos to other apps on your iOS device
• Create titles using bi-directional text
• Support for Arabic, Australian English, Hebrew, and Mexican Spanish
2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, and later devices.
Cannot speed up clip on iPad 4
I cannot believe my iPad 4 I spent over $1000 on a little over a year ago is now becoming obsolete! It irks me to know I spent that much on one of your products so recently and yet I cannot use all the functions of your apps. Come on, Apple! When you update an app, you have to consider a timeline. If it has been less than a year and a half since you have come out with the former product, then you need to make those same functions on those apps available on the former product as well. You have to think about how your customers have invested equal amounts into their "old" iPad 4's not too long ago as they have into your new iPad Airs more recently. Don't forget about us who have invested equal amounts just last year. I realize you cannot make every app and function available to all devices ever made, but the iMovie app functions should be available to the current and last product in the line. For example, iMovie should have full functions on both the iPad Air & iPad 4. I don't want to buy any more apple products if I know they will be considered "outdated" in a year.
I would gladly pay extra for an add on to be able to speed up the clips. Or, I'll happily pay the $4.99 to get the full app. Please consider.
I was loving the design and usefulness of the app until I found out I couldn't speed up some of the clips. That was the feature I wanted the most!!
THIS APP IS AWESOME!!! But I could use...
I got this one time around summer time last year. When I got, I was sure this would be just another app that says it would do what it does and I got it. But when I opened it for the first time, this game was like magic. I worked amazing, narrator voice enabled and full of many nice transition options and text is also possible for you to add in different frames. If you are looking for an app t make movies OR trailers on, this is the game you are looking for. Graphics are amazing and everything works out great. The only thing I would add (If Possible) is of course the wonderful
on-screen recording. Then this game would be the only game I would ever go on and make me write like a billion 5-Star reviews for this app. Thank you for sending this amazing app in and please answer my request!!! Love the app! 5-Star for sure!
I've just gotten this after a while of debating wether to use up the ginormous amount of space this app takes up and I finally did, now that I have it I find it extremely useful, the text is great but I think more fonts would be cool, the effects are awesome and I can't wait for more, the most important part of the app (moving and shortening clips) is really fluid, I highly suggest editing videos in portrait because it just makes it easier to access every option, I do want more options for fonts though, that would be great.
Now, the one reason I didn't rate five stars, storage problems.
A lot of people have already made aware this problem but I just want you to know that if that isn't fixed it could seriously cripple usage of this app on lower space phones.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 643 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2014 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.