Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro.
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
• Create and share movies at 4K resolution on iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.1*
• Fixes an issue that could prevent users from creating new trailers in some languages
• Resolves issues importing and removing projects from iCloud Drive
• Addresses interface issues that could appear in some right-to-left languages
• Addresses interface issues that could appear in iMovie extension for Photos
• Performance and stability improvements
* iMovie supports 4K on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro
It's great... But a few things
I've been using iMovie for a very long time now and I enjoy it. It's great for editing videos and stuff like that (yah that is what it's for isn't it) but there are a few annoying bugs and things I would like to add. First of all text, let us have more text options and let us move it around the way we want to. It would also be nice to change their color and stuff like that. Another would be adding music, it's hard to place music places because when you let go of holding it, the music bar drops drops somewhere random. Also add more of those trailer templates because they are cool to use (I like the galaxy one) please let me delete my pre made videos in that section because they take up space, I have to delete iMovie so they go away. There is a few more things that aren't too bad, some I can solve myself. Like the little side videos you can only add one but downloading that video and editing it again with adding another side video works aswell.
WONDERFUL app but....
So I use iMovie a lot and never had any problems with it until one day when I opened the iMovie app and it was working fine until it just shut down and crashed. I opened it again and it worked fine. And then it crashed again.. So I did what I usually do. Opened it again. Then there was just a grey screen and nothing popped up at all just a blank grey screen. It stayed there for like 30 seconds and then crashed. And I tried restarting my phone and closing the app and it still does the grey screen thing. So I never reopened it and I cleared the app off of my recent apps thingy and then I just charged my phone and went to sleep because I figured that it would probably be gone in the morning. But no. It still did the same thing with the grey screen. I tried googling everything but can't find anything that will help me. Thank you . As I said overall it WAS a wonderful app until it did that to me.......
Room for improvement
This app is my favorite app for vine editing and I have the least trouble using it. But, it would be great if they could add more transitions (make them faster if possible) also if we could be able to trim clips as short as possible (less than 0.3 seconds because that makes it kind of hard to work with when your video can only be 6.5 seconds max). Also, if there could be more filters that would be perfect. Instead of only having filters, there should be special effects (like those on the Generate app) so we would only have to use one app. It would be more convenient for us all. But other than a few pointers on how to improve the app, it is the best editing app I've used by far and if these changes could be taken into consideration, that would be awesome! 😍
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 22, 2015
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 647 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.