Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro.
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
• Start projects quickly by selecting multiple photos and videos
• Share to Facebook and Vimeo using the standard iOS share interface
• Support for Shared iPad in iOS 9.3 or later
• Stability and performance improvements
I downloaded iMovie for the first time to make a video because I knew that it had some extra features that the main editor that I use doesn't have. It was going great, my video was coming along and I was really enjoying the app. I started to consider deleting my other editor.
The video I'm making will take a few days to film, so to free up some storage I decided to delete the footage off my phone since I had it stored and edited on iMovie already. I deleted it from my camera roll as well as recently deleted. Bad move. I went back to the app to watch my video again and when I clicked on it it said something along the lines of "some videos used were deleted from your camera roll" okay so? So I finally get to click on my video and it takes me to where you edit your video, and on each clip it has that warning triangle! Every clip is gone. I didn't realize that deleting the videos from my phone would also delete them from the app.
The three starts come from the fact that I was enjoying the app before I was screwed over, but now I know not to delete footage from my phone when using iMovie. 5 stars if you guys fix that.
Omg Thank u!!...BUT!!
Thank you for being able to select more than one photo and video! BUT when selecting photos it doesn't have the "Recent" Option to be able to select the most recent photos you have on your phone instead u have to go from the oldest photo to the newest and it's too much scrolling if you have many photos. Then also a glitch with this app is that some clips you upload and play the video the clip shows up as black or it glitches in beginning and have no clue why that happens. Also is there anyways we can have More transitions in the app? Also having new styles? More FX's and having option of moving the test where ever we want to on the video? Also having the ability to place text on the whole video instead of it disappearing after a clip? Could you guys add more ways to show beat through the clips with different clip themes like the clip have bumping/pulse option, having clip move certain way? These are just some ideas. I hope you guys read this and think about it. Thank you Apple❤️❤️
I was sooo happy that my new iPad came with IMovie, and I couldn't wait to use it. I always have enjoyed making AMVS and videos in general. For me it IS a helpful and useful app for video editing...The only thing is that I think it needs more features; like more transitions. (Also it can be glitchy at times, but it's not TOO bad) I think it would be really cool to make the Ken burns option available for videos as well as photos. Along with that idea, having a reverse option to make a video go backwards would be cool. It would also be very helpful if you could trim a video clip/photo duration down to at least a 10th of a second. Also, the text option isn't really the best... Overall I think it still comes as a great easy to use app...just would like more (advanced ) features! I suggest some features like the ones available on the Mac version. That would be nice. Thanks for reading my review! :)
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 28, 2016
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 595 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.