This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro.
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.4
• Improves compatibility when sharing to YouTube
Good, but some suggestions
I think the app is great! I use it to edit my videos and make them look professional. There are a few things I think Apple Should do though. First of all, I think they should add an option to actually move the text wherever you want, not just where the set locations are. I also think they should make an option to choose the color of your text. This would be very helpful! Lastly, I think that we should be able to add a picture over a video (overlapping). I think that adding these features would bring the app to 5 stars by me, and I'm sure it'll bring much more happier customers in the future.
Something else to note, which really frustrates me, is the fact that when you have missing photos or videos in your project, it doesn't let you save it! I've worked so hard on this one project and because I have 1 picture missing from my camera roll, I can't play it back or share it!
Also, I do not like how you cannot move audio to the exact spot where you want it- songs you have in your library have to start from the beginning of the movie, not when you want it to
Please fix this!!
App won’t open
Okay, I’m just going to say that I love this app and I use It ALL the time. But, last night the video was about 20 minutes long and the app got SUPER Slow. It took hours to edit something that shouldn’t have. I’ve never had this problem before so I don’t know what’s wrong. this morning I was working on the project And got out of the app temporarily and tried to get back on and it won’t allow me to get back on since! I was really looking forward to making the finishing touches and showing my family but now I cannot. I thought it may have something to do with a storage problem so I got rid of 13 Gigs of storage and it STILL won’t open! I’ve restarted the app countless times, and restarted my phone and yet it still won’t let me open the app. Aaahhhggg help!! This is the first time I’ve had issues with the app. And I don’t want to loose all the hard work I’ve put into this and many other videos as well. Please help
I use this app to edit my Instagram videos, but I’ve ran into a couple of problems. First, iMovie separates the audio from the video all the time. If you don’t know what I mean, the video keeps playing but the audio is either ahead or behind where it should be in the video. Next, I think you should be able to put the text wherever you want in the clip. Right now, your only option is to put a text for one whole clip.
Then, iMovie constantly starts to glitch. I can’t name all of the ways it glitches, but sometimes it closes me out, makes the video screen black, etc. Finally, the setting where you can export it straight to Instagram to post it never works. Every time I try to use it, it just gets stuck loading. This app, despite what I just said, is a quick and easy app to use and it’s great if you’re doing a short project only a couple times.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 05, 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 699 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.