Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, and create beautiful HD movies and Hollywood-style trailers. And with iCloud, you can enjoy them on all your devices in iMovie Theater.
Browse and share video
• See all your video organized in one place
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Create beautiful HD movies
• Choose from 15 unique themes with matching titles and transitions
• Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
• Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
• Drag one clip above another to create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side, and green screen effects
• Use color-coded audio waveforms to find the right volume
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand, and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
• Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
• Give your video a boost with easy-to-use color controls
• Stabilize shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
• Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
• Choose from 38 fun video and audio effects
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with posters as you share clips, movies, and trailers
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy iMovie Theater on your HDTV with Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Email HD video with Mail Drop when signed in to iCloud
• Publish to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and CNN iReport
• Export files using Custom H.264, ProRes, and Audio Only settings
• Share any video frame as an image
iOS Developers: Create app previews for the App Store
• Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
• Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
• Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
What's New in Version 10.0.7
• Browse Moments, Collections, Favorites and Albums from the Photos app to add content to your projects
• Play/Pause, Prev/Next and Full Screen buttons are always displayed below the Viewer for easier navigation
• Record Voiceover button available below the Viewer for easier access to controls when adding narration
• Adds support for the Sony XAVC-S format
• Addresses stability and compatibility issues
Let me say this first, I love everything Apple. So glad I made the switch from PC to Mac. With that being said:
I purchased iMovie to put together a lyric video. I have never had a more frustrating time working with a piece of software in my life. It’s slow, importing videos from my camera is a nightmare, you move one thing in your timeline and it completely rearranges everything in your project, you turn off the “snapping” option and it still wants to snap clips and titles to either the beginning or the end of other clips already in your project, trying to line up titles to match the lead vocal in the song is like trying to line up feathers in a wind storm, editing in my opinion is the worst feature of the software, the workflow doesn’t make sense and, it is a complete waste of time trying to do anything with iMovie. It so disappointing not being able to use this software to finish my project. I’ve thrown it in the trash and I’m looking for new software to finish my video.
Just doesn’t work anymore
We’ve been using iMovie for a few years now. We used to be able to DL movies from our Canon ZR930 (old school, I know…). We were also able to break raw video into clips, trim the clips, move them around and export the finished video. iMovie now lets us import and it appears to allow us to edit the clips, but we can no longer export the video. We can’t even get the video to render into iMovies’ theater. We get this error: "Video rendering error: -50”.
We used to really like this program. Now it is useless. It simply doesn’t even do what it used to be able to do. It has gone the way of too many other Apple apps - untested, non-working and useless. Run a search through the support forums and you’ll find that Apple has not only ignored the reviewers begging for help, but has also ignored everyone else who is asking for help. Sad. Don’t waste your time or money on this albatross.
I’m new to this product. So when I don’t know something, I search Apple, then web. One example of frustration has been the learning curve. For example, one frustration that continues to plague is that when starting out a new movie, every bit of info talks in PROJECTs. I don’t even have this option. EXAMPLE: I did a search this morning to find out how to sync clips to music. Apple’s support page on this topic using snap to beats refers to "In iMovie, choose File > New Project or click the Create Project button” Not there…. I have the option to create a new “MOVIE” or a new “EVENT” or “PREVIEW”, etc., but nowhere to create a new PROJECT.
Just one example of “Ok, what do I do and why am I not seeing this” frustration.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Mar 09, 2015
- Version: 10.0.7
- Size: 2.00 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 1999-2001, 2003-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.2 or later