Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, and create beautiful movies that you can edit at resolutions up to 4K. You can even start editing movies on an iPhone or iPad, and finish them on a Mac. And when your movie is ready for its big premiere, you can enjoy it on all your devices in iMovie Theater.
Browse and share video
• See all your video clips and photos organized in one place
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Create beautiful 4K and HD movies
• Edit movies at up to 4K resolution with video from iPhone 6s, GoPro, and other Ultra HD cameras on compatible Macs (1)
• Support for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more life-like action shots
• Import movies and trailers created using iMovie on iPhone or iPad to finish them on your Mac
• Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
• Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
• Create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side, and green screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand, and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
• Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
• Give your video a boost with easy-to-use color controls
• Stabilize shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
• Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
• Choose from 48 fun video and audio effects
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with posters as you share clips, movies, and trailers
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy iMovie Theater on your HDTV with Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Email videos with Mail Drop when signed in to iCloud
• Share directly to YouTube at up to 4K resolution
• Publish movies directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Share any video frame as an image
iOS Developers: Create App Previews for the App Store
• Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
• Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
• Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
(1) 4K export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4 GB RAM. Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) when connected to a 4K display.
What's New in Version 10.1.8
• Improves overall stability
Introduced in Version 10.1.7
• Adds support for importing video in the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) format with macOS High Sierra
• Improves compatibility when sharing to YouTube
I am using iMovie since many many years and had always been quite happy … until those last weeks.
Since Version 10.1.7, I am simply not able to import anything from my Sony camera (and it was working fine with previous iMovie versions and the same camera!). When downloading the MTS files from my camera and importing them into iMovie, I was able to built a project and a movie file BUT with no sound (the MTS had AC3 sound track). Again all this was working fine before.
I was very excited to see Apple releasing 10.1.8 few days ago but now it is even worst. When selecting anything in the Import window (camera or a file already on my computer), the import button turns blue as expected but nothing happens when I click on it. So now, I cannot import anything in iMovie.
I am not sure what is happening at Apple but please HELP and deliver functioning software as this is why I moved from Windows to Apple computers!!
This is a very good software, it is easy to import videos and combine them while having background musics. You can follow an easy to use tempelate to make a trailer. I would recommend mthis software to everyone. My only complaint is that it takes a long time if you want to download asny video above 10 mins. I made a 16 min. video and it took 69 hr. to download. Also, sometimes it crashes but everything is saved.
Great idea poorly implemented
VERY difficult to learn. All normal means of accomplishing tasks are ignored. There’s no “Open” “Save” etc. Poorly designed. When you finally figure how to get it to do what you want, it works okay but then some idiot changes it and you start all over again. Apple never thinks they are wrong or that customer’s opinions are worth a crap so it (along with their other faux pas) will never be fixed. But heck! It’s free! Well sort of. You did pay a lot more for that Apple Mac than you would have for the competition.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Nov 01, 2017
- Version: 10.1.8
- Size: 2.14 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 1999-2001, 2003-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12.2 or later