Impaktor - The drum synthesizer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* "Without doubt the most powerful and genuinely useful percussion app on the App Store right now" Computer Music
* Reached the #1 paid music app in 5 countries
* SonicTouch (www.sonicstate.com) gold award
Impaktor is a drum synthesizer with a vast sonic palette, that turns any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
You just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
Enjoy the most realistic virtual drumming experience available for mobile devices!
* Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4th gen and all iPads
* The app requires headphones. Works best with headphones without built-in microphone.
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
- No samples used
- Ultra low latency
- 6 tracks audio recorder
- True 3d panning
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
- Reverb and Delay effects
- Audio-copy and wave export
What's New in Version 1.3
- Support for AudioBus 2 and Inter-app-audio
- iOS8 compatible
I have had this app for quite awhile, over a year now, and it just dawned on me that I have never given it the props that it so absolutely deserves. Anyone that loves music will love this app, not just percussionists. From adults that are musical, down to my toddler-aged son, this app is so organic and intuitive that it is nearly impossible not to come up with some amazing sounds on it, whether you're an amateur or a pro. I've played guitar, keys, and vocals for over 20 years, and I'm telling you, this is easily one of the top 5 music apps in the entire App Store. Trust a brother...& Tap on!
*On a related note, I also highly recommend another app made by these same developers, called Sunrizer Synth. It is also incredibly unique and full of magical possibilities.
Awesome, but with a tiny issue!
I have Impaktor for a long time. First bought it on my iphone and had so much fun!!! I was amazed how fast it picked all my taps, and how realistic some synth presets sounded, just like a real drum. Currently I have a little but an issue, on iPad Air 2 there is a lag when using the integrated mic. I don't know if it is because the two mics trying to pick the taps or just they have lag by default. Drumming fast is impossible, because the lag is long enough to confuse me and make mistakes. Strangely using the headset's mic introduces no lag at all, also the same version on my iphone has no lag on either integrated or headset mics. So please BEEP, check what causes the issue, try to use only one of the mics or fix the lag Thanks for this awesome app!
I have to say this app is really great. It sounds great too. It's musical and very useful. You can create just about any type of percussion you want. Make loops and record live who them. I've had this app for a while and it just gets better. Highly recommended for musicians who want some nice sounds and layers to work with that are interesting and new. In my opinion the results are usable in final mixes.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 24, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jaroslaw Jacek
- © 2012 BeepStreet
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.