Impaktor - The drum synthesizer
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
* "Without doubt the most powerful and genuinely useful percussion app on the App Store right now" Computer Music
* Reached the #1 paid music app in 5 countries
* SonicTouch (www.sonicstate.com) gold award
Impaktor is a drum synthesizer with a vast sonic palette, that turns any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
You just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
Enjoy the most realistic virtual drumming experience available for mobile devices!
* Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4th gen and all iPads
* The app requires headphones. Works best with headphones without built-in microphone.
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
- No samples used
- Ultra low latency
- 6 tracks audio recorder
- True 3d panning
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
- Reverb and Delay effects
- Audio-copy and wave export
What's New in Version 1.4
-Updated to support 64-bit architecture.
Very glad the developer added 64 bit support to the app.
Adding audiobus support allows a great app to be even better. Use headphones if you want to avoid feedback issues while you're drumming. Still the most expressive drumming app, it translates mic input into drum sounds with a variety of ways to tweak the sound and adjust the volume of the input from the mic. Try using a contact mic for additional options if you're wanting to perform live music.
As someone with limited study time, I need apps that don't need to be coddled obsessively to produce satisfactory sound.
Impaktor works great this way. If you've tried the app and gotten annoyed with no headphones, just do yourself a favor and get some cheap phones. You can very easily drum, record, and rerecord each instrument as needed until you have something great!
Essential app for me
I use this app on three iOS devices in my live rig. Using an inexpensive iRig audio interface and a Roland electronic drum pad I can create something like a wave drum at a fraction of the cost. Thanks for making it 64 bit.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 14.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jaroslaw Jacek
- © 2012 BeepStreet
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.