* "Without doubt the most powerful and genuinely useful percussion app on the App Store right now" Computer Music
* Reached the #1 paid music app in 5 countries
* SonicTouch (www.sonicstate.com) gold award
Impaktor is a drum synthesizer with a vast sonic palette, that turns any surface into a playable percussion instrument.
You just slap your desk like you would a real drum. The real acoustical impulses from the built-in microphone are used as an excitation source for advanced sound modules that simulates behavior of membranes, cymbals, metallophones or strings. This makes Impaktor a highly responsive and expressive instrument.
With semi-modular architecture and several types of synthesis, Impaktor can produce a wide range of tones, from acoustic, like Tabla, Djembe, Marimba, Cymbals, Metal bars to electronic or industrial sounds.
Enjoy the most realistic virtual drumming experience available for mobile devices!
* Works with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4th gen and all iPads
* The app requires headphones. Works best with headphones without built-in microphone.
- Synthesis: physical modeling, frequency modulation, noise shaping
- Semi-modular architecture; 2 modules with configurable routing
- 2 modulation sources: velocity and lfo-envelope. Almost every parameter can be modulated
- Multimode filter, harmonic exciter and several types of amplifiers
- Over 90 presets available, more coming soon
- No samples used
- Ultra low latency
- 6 tracks audio recorder
- True 3d panning
- Auto-quantization with configurable time-signature
- Reverb and Delay effects
- Audio-copy and wave export
-Updated to support 64-bit architecture.
Ratings and Reviews
Not working in GarageBand
The app works fine on its own, but it will no longer load into my GarageBand.
I’ve a previously recorded Impaktor track that I had created a few months back when it was working fine.
Very useful percussion app
Really nice app, love the sounds and layering loops. Would be even better with sync options or especially Ableton Link compatibility. Would breathe new life into this app. I’ve been looking for anything (even a desktop app) that does what this one does and still haven’t found it.
Works great with a drum trigger pad
I’m getting full joy with this app, and a Roland PD-5 rubber drum pad, like for V-drums. It’s very playable and responsive, like an instrument. Great range and nuance to sound depending on how you play. It is interesting how it works, it seems to kind of transform the actual sound of the trigger, rather than playing samples.
My setup is using an old iPad 4 to run this exclusively and am using a previously useless $30 irig Stomp pedal, to get the trigger into Impaktor. The irig stomp is intended for plugging a guitar into the headset mic jack, and it murders the tone, but here, it serves great for just getting the pad trigger into the iPad, without having to use an audio interface.
If I could have one thing for this app, it would be midi clock sync, to use the internal looper to get layers going, with the quantize.
Great, unique app. Highly recommended for drummers and percussionists looking to work in some great electronic sounds, like the Synare did in bands like Joy Division and the Cure.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.