iMPC for iPhone
By Akai Professional
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone into an MPC with more than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow.
Need help? Have an issue or question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iMPC brings the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPhone. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily. With features including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats, the possibilities are endless. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPhone, using the line input on the iPhone, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop program creation
- Effects include delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note - 1/32T timing, with latch
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
- AudioPaste samples from hundreds of compatible apps
What's New in Version 1.4.5
Fixes in this version:
-Audio plays out both headphone channels.
-Menus are visually cleaned up.
-Sequence knob doesn't distort when screen orientation is rotated.
-Recording from microphone fixed.
If you are happy with this update, please leave your review in the App Store. If there is something not working properly or you have additional feedback, please email us at email@example.com. We value your feedback. :)
Useful and fun in so many ways
With impc I was able to show my son, he is 9 and has developed an interest in making music, how you can sample various instruments and create kits that can be used to make beats. It was a really cool experience and impc made it really easy to demonstrate the process for him. I was going to rate this four stars just for the fact that I couldn't figure out how to delete my unwanted samples. After emailing the retronyms team they showed me how to do it and it's not difficult, it could be easier but it's not too bad. I'm glad I bought this app. It's fun, functions well, and the fact that it helped me teach my kid something to keep him interested in music is just awesome.
This app does it all expect have a cloud feature but that's okay. Other than having a place to save all of your work, I would much rather appreciate if they allowed you to delete sounds you have made by recording from samples just to clear up space. That would be extremely handy. But as of right now it's the best app on the market of this kind
Latency issue solved.
I originally wrote a review which included a complaint about latency issues. Tapping any pad during record mode yielded about a 3/4 second delay.
Solved; if you are running into this problem too, try turning Bluetooth OFF. As soon as I did this, the problem was solved.
If you are going to record with this app, apparently, you cannot use a Bluetooth speaker or earphones.
Wire it and it works great.
The customer service link appears to be broken, but I was able to find a contact number for Akai and the rep was very helpful and is reporting the issue to the web developers.
So, this review has been updated!😄👍