iMPC for iPhone
By Akai Professional
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMPC for iPhone
MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPhone
***On Sale For A Limited Time Only***
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
Turn your iPhone into an MPC. With more than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPhone. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPhone, using the line input on the iPhone, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
• More than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
• Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
• Sample from iPhone mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
• Exciting "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters!
• Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
• In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
• Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
• 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
• Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
• Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop program creation
• Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
• Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
• AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
• AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
What's New in Version 1.1
This free update to iMPC brings bugfixes, iOS 7 compatibility, and new features:
Inter-App Audio compatibility. This free update adds support for the new inter-app audio protocol in iOS 7. Inter-app audio allows you to route audio and control data between apps on your device. Use iMPC’s sampler and inter-app audio to record new sounds from compatible apps for use in your Programs.
We’ve also updated to AudioCopy 2.0. AudioCopy makes it easy to paste sound from compatible apps. The new AudioCopy ensures compatibility with iOS 7, and includes updated UI and other improvements (more info at retronyms.com/audiocopy/).
Five stars, easy.
I just got this one for the introductory price of $2.99. It's what NI should have done with imaschine. Audio copy/ paste, sample from iTunes or other sources. Making this app capable of playing with other apps increases its usefulness considerably.
The sounds that come with it are truly top-notch, too. They are right up there at the same quality level if anything on imaschine.
If you need a beat maker and you are trying to decide on which one, I don't think you can do much better than this.
UPDATE: this app has gotten buggier over time. It frequently crashes and freezes. While inter-app audio is a welcome addition, it can't save the app from its own glitches.
Also, why put all of that effort into an update that provides a new feature, while ignoring the issues that were already there? For example: auto-fading the samples that you can chop out of songs in you iPod library. I have chopped so many samples and then had to throw them away due to unwanted clicks and pops on the beginning and end of the sampled sound. Where's the update to fix that?
I got Beatmaker 2 when it went on sale for $4.99 it's far superior. It's costs $20 normally, but if you buy impc as it is right now, you're just throwing away $3. It's not an easy decision, but it's your decision to make. A middle ground between those two, as far as cost and efficiency are concerned, would be Nanostudio, which his priced at $14, I believe.
Basically everything you could want
Lots of included sounds, you can make samples from any song in your ipod music list, no latency! Obviously missing some things (ease of use) you would get with the real thing, but with a little extra work you can do anything.
This app was amazing when I first bought it...but after a while it started to act funny. I can't record too many tracks without the recording part glitching or freezing. I use to use this app in the studio and at church but now I can't I can't even make new beats withou it freezing. Can you please fix this for me and all the other musicians that love this app?
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 47.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Akai Professional
- © 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.