iMPC for iPhone
By Akai Professional
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMPC for iPhone
MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPhone
***On Sale For A Limited Time Only***
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
Turn your iPhone into an MPC. With more than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPhone. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPhone, using the line input on the iPhone, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
• More than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
• Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
• Sample from iPhone mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
• Exciting "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters!
• Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
• In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
• Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
• 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
• Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
• Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop program creation
• Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
• Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
• AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
• AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
What's New in Version 1.4.3
Updated AudioCopy SDK
iOS 9 improvements
Best $3 I've ever spent
I own an mpc 2000xl and the production feel of this app is familiar but different. The turntable mode is cool. This app is not a fully featured DAW but if you are sitting at a bus stop or waiting for some tacos this will absolutely keep you entertained. This app is versatile enough I could see myself plugging my phone into my dj rig. If you are serious about your production you will spend more than a few bucks on an app and think you're the next amp live but for what it does impc is totally worth it.
Great app, very helpful and easy to use with great options.
One major downside that takes away 3 stars is the fact that you can't export your beats through saving them or sending them via email or text, it has to be uploaded on soundcloud.
Tried messing with the mixer and different settings in between my 20 trial-uploads.
Quality of exported+uploaded track isn't worth paying for the app
Fun And Powerfully Useful!!
Just like another reviewer stated: "Best $2.99 I've ever spent!
This app is a lot of fun, so much so, that you'll almost forget it's also very powerful, feature-packed and slickly designed. One of the best ways to work on your beats while on the go! If you like MPC's, you won't be disappointed!