iMPC Pro 2 fuses innovative song creation with the iconic MPC workflow. iMPC Pro gave us a powerful sampler and beatmaker, and now iMPC Pro 2 has evolved into a full fledged song creation tool with the addition of vocal tracks, Audio Units integration, a sleek new design and tons of new features!
Within the audio tracks, you can time warp, pitch shift, and rearrange your audio clips in real time. The sophistication of real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and sleek interface. You can choose from multiple input sources to record, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces, and IAA. Import existing projects from iMPC Pro and add your vocal tracks easily.
AUDIO UNIT TRACKS:
You can now load any Audio Units instrument into an Audio Unit Track! Control your AU instrument with a classic piano keyboard interface and an iMPC interface with note variation, Flux Link, Note Repeat, 16 Levels, and more. The app also features an improvement to the workflow for song creation. Song sequencing is faster, more powerful, and more flexible, so you have complete creative control.
100% NEW SOUND KIT AND MORE:
Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2, these kits cover some of the most iconic and cutting-edge beat genres available, from producers including ADSR, Rawcutz, SampleTools by Cr2, Niche Audio, and Sample Magic. Each kit includes 16 Hi Quality samples featuring sounds from 808’s to melodic hits and stabs, designed for the best user experience possible.
iMPC Pro 2 also comes with 5 additional Sound Packs for FREE (valued at $35). Grab these packs in the AudioCopy Content Store: Essential Club Collection, Classic Cuts, Dub 2 DnB, Melodic Collection, and The Diploma! You can use them in hundreds of AudioCopy compatible apps (including iMPC and iMPC Pro).
Unlock producer secrets and learn how to become a full fledged song creator with this tutorial series. iMPCU unlocks one course per day and gives you the tools you need to take your music to the next level. Fun for both new and experienced users, iMPC Pro 2 offers an expansive dive into the world of beatmaking and song editing through these courses. We’re excited for you to try it!
- Record from built in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, instruments, etc.
- Record from Inter App Audio Apps
- Warp Tracks and Clips to match tempo
- Access several quick editing features on Audio Clips (Pitch shift, Time Stretch, Amplify, Crop, Split, Duplicate)
- Drag to arrange Audio Clips, snap them to an adjustable grid setting
- Advanced waveform editing
- Audio Unit tweak mode with full keyboard support (including 2 dozen scale modes from Chromatic to Blues to Aeolian)
- 100% New Sound Set, with 5 additional free Sound Packs
- Sample sounds from Spotify
- 64 Track Mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange, and one Inter App Audio Effect)
- Chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
- Tracks View shows an overview of all the tracks in your song
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note - 1/32T timing with latch
- IAA and Ableton Link support
- Share beats and songs seamlessly to YouTube
- 4 Mute Groups and custom-designed envelope filters for all pads
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste support
- Improved integration and support for iMPC Pro Packs and other Sound Packs from the AudioCopy Content Store
- Expert MIDI support including expanded options, multiple maps, and more
- Extensive undo/redo capabilities
- New Song Arrangement workflow and integrated Song Mode makes song creation easier than ever
- Drag entire Folders and Sound Packs directly to pads to load many sounds at once
New in this version of iMPC Pro 2:
- Support for recording from 4+ channel audio devices
- Users can move tracks in the Tracks view by holding and dragging
- Samples can be converted to mono in the sample editor (Mono Left, Mono Right, Mono Mix)
- Audio Units now have editable parameters (works like the CC editor in Tracks -> Params)
- Tracks can be deleted from the middle, not just repurposed
- Users can switch Spotify accounts more easily
- Programs may be dragged to pads from the sound library
- Many bug fixes (crashes, quirks zapped)
If you are happy with this update, please leave us a review! Need help? Email us at email@example.com. :)
Ratings and Reviews
iPad Pro 12” User HAS Immediate Disappointment
Well...let me preface. I have been a long time user of both iMPC and iMPC Pro and have been excited about this upgrade for a while. I bought an iPad Pro 12” to up my game. I almost bought the original MPC cover that was made for the original iPad because I loved this app so much. I am thoroughly enjoying the apps that take advantage of the screen space on the iPad Pro 12”. It actually feels much better making music on the bigger surface. THIS VERSION OF THE APP UNFORTUNATELY DOES NOT. The most glaring problem for me is the size of the pads for iMPC are the same exact pixel space if they were on the smaller iPads with a lot of empty grey space surrounding them. PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE GOING TO FIX THIS - IF NOT, I want a refund.
By the way, the pads on iMPC Pro 1 scale up to the full size of the area. How was this missed on version 2?
I love you guys - If this is fixed, I’ll be able to give a proper review and feel like I can use this instrument. I’m really excited about the new features but I don’t want to even attempt playing the pads at that size. I got the iPad Pro for this reason. Heck, iMPC is one of the main reasons I upgraded my iPad. Otherwise, it feels completely unnatural to play in the smaller pads that just float in the middle of the big open grey area., Please fix so I can give you guys the review this app deserves.
I just wanted to reach out and let you know the pad size is fixed!
Please let us know if you have any other issues with the app.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
worth the money?
90% the same as impc pro as far as useful functionality for my needs goes. A few recs: There is no ability to import Factory Sounds from Pro to Pro 2. No ability to rename Tracks. And to transfer Projects from Pro to Pro 2 you have to use the archaic Itunes File Transfer process with your computer. Perhaps the Audio and AU Track record will come in handy for some. But the midi edit and audio edit features are not as good as those in, such as, Cubasis. Just me, but there is a 32 bar limit to the Tracks view Audi and IAA recordings. So you have to go from sequence to sequence to use the track editors for Full Song edits that may span Sequences. And Import/Export doesn’t directly connect to any useful libraries for me, like icloud, dropbox, audioshare. But if you’re clever you can make things happen using Audiocopy as an intermediary. If you like Impc Pro, you’ll like Impc Pro 2 better, and maybe the $25 cost will help the developers add more Ease of Use and interoperability features. Personally, I use impc only as input to Cubasis where its ez to edit, mix, import/export. But with the new record options, its becoming more a part of my Stable.
Hi! Thanks for your thoughtful review. I can see that you're really diving deep into the workflow for iMPC Pro 2! Have you updated to our most recent version – some of these things have been improved since you wrote your review. We're currently testing a feature that allows for better workflow between iMPC Pro 1 and 2, specifically with transferring projects between the apps. Would you like to be added to our beta testing list? If so, email us at email@example.com and we'll get you set up. - Taylor
Win My Heart Again like MPC 3000...
The interface looks attractive. The loop trigger by1/8th-1/128th in Perform mode is a BEAST... internal sampling, chopping, normalizing and all of the edit features looks well thought out! Almost worth forgiving you guys for taking so long to bring 2.0 to the BIG SCREEN -10.5. I’ve installed about 4gb of libraries in the iMPC Pro 2 app by dragging out the folder in file sharing in iTunes then rewriting it back in and every time I’ve tried to chop a long sample it crashed. Maybe because I dropped and dragged them into the file sharing folder then dropped and dragged it back into the file sharing section as opposed to using AudioCopy. They played just fine but when I tried to chop a sample in iMPC Pro 2 it crashed. I’ve removed all of the uploaded samples and drums and the chopping feature works just fine. I want to add pics to the libraries I’ve installed. Any way I can get them to show up like the iMPC Pro Pack sound purchased libraries? Is there a limitation of how many sounds I can have per folder? Other than that I’d love to integrate with Cubasis 2 or BeatMaker3.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.