By Akai Professional
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes.
Need help? Have an issue or question? Please email us at email@example.com.
With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, loop slicing, time stretching, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional's coveted MPC to your iPad. It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
- Slice Loop lets you mark the beats in your samples and automatically match phrases and loops to sequence tempo. Change pitch and play 16 levels without affecting playback tempo.
- Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing
- import iMPC Pro Packs from AudioCopy to expand your sample collection
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting sequences from compatible apps
- Supports InterApp Audio mode. Record the outputs directly into other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis. Export tracks as an audio file.
- 64 tracks for flexible multi-track music production including gain fader, 3-band EQ, mute, solo, panning and FX sends on each track
- Sample audio from the iPad microphone, your own tracks using resampling, other apps using InterApp Audio, or your music library
- Chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
- Flux mode lets you warp and glitch beats in real-time or with automation
- Precision Knobs and Faders expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters
- Exclusive sound library featuring 1,400+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine with hundreds of Akai Pro exclusive samples
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note - 1/32T timing with latch
- Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- Tabletop ready: use iMPC Pro inside the acclaimed Tabletop App to combine it with dozens of synths, sequencers, FX and more
- Classic "Next-Sequence" lets you juggle sequences to experiment with different compositions or for dynamic live performance
- Mute and poly pad groups for authentic percussion performance. Pad effects include custom-designed envelope filters, 4-mode distortion and ring mod
- Extensive Undo History lets you roll back projects to any state
What's New in Version 1.6.9
We're proud to announce a big bug fixing update to iMPC Pro! Aside from a randomly occurring crash (among others) which has been fixed, it is also more efficient than previous releases. Here is a complete breakdown of what else we've changed in this release:
- Fixed crashes inside Timeline when dealing with recorded rapid pad taps
- Fixed crash in sample editor's "chop to pads" when adjusting threshold and rightmost pads are selected
- Fixed bug in sample editor's "chop to pads" feature that could leave the last slice without a proper end handle
- Fixed note repeat "buzz" glitch when using "natural" quantization (time correct)
- Export to MPC Desktop software now correctly supports Chop to Pads
- 3D Perform in Tune mode no longer sticks after it is turned off
- Flux Link recording now copies accurately instead of creating buzzing when duplicating sequences
- Current swing and quantization recording settings save with the session
- Improved MPC Element/Fly support (only the currently selected bank now lights the pads on the Element)
- Fixed "phantom notes" bug that can happen when a sequence is duplicated which contains a note-off at the very end
- The session browser's left-hand side menu now has a cleaner presentation, and a bug has been fixed where tapping the pencil icon loaded the session instead of renaming it
- Fixed problem in which queueing a sequence in Song mode may not keep the pad lit after it switches to the new sequence
- Timeline switches between tracks better (fixed stale audition pad issue)
And, finally, we have added a new feature that improves the workflow: The current swing and quantization recording settings save and restore with the session.
My iPad is a MPC!!!!!
This app imports samples with AudioCopy. It samples from ITunes, or inter app audio. Samples can be dragged from browser to pads. Slicing can be done manually or automatically, and can slice to pads. There is note repeat, full level, and 16 pad(chromatic) functions. Loops can maintain pitch when changing song tempo. There is a mixer with great sounding effects. Songs are created by chaining patterns/sequences. I can export sequences/soloed tracks/songs in .wav to AudioCopy or track out to whichever iOS DAW I prefer. The workflow is fast for me. I have no glitches running this app on an iPad Air 2 iOS Version 10.3.1. Great job Retronyms!
My favorite App in the Appstore!
Wow, there is so much to unpack with this app. At face value it seems like a simple beat making, but once you dive in there are a ton of different features. You can import your own sounds or get them from AudioCopy. Within the app you can also sample from a mic or edit sounds to different pitches, pans, and volumes. This is legit like an mpc on your iPad. I would recomend this to anyone looking to make some great music on an iOS device.
does more than expected
After switching to iMPC pro form iMPC I am blown away. I can use my own samples in this and edit them within the app. Tuning, panning, volume for each individual pad. A - D bank to load sound and then create sequences to put togeter for a song. There is so much you can do with this app!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 27, 2017
- Version: 1.6.9
- Size: 721 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Akai Professional
- © 2014 Akai Professional, Retronyms
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.