By Akai Professional
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMPC for iPad
MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPad
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
Turn your iPad into an MPC. With more than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPad. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPad, using the line input on the iPad, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
• More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
• Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
• Sample from iPad mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
• Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
• In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
• Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
• 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
• Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
• Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop program creation
• Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
• Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
• Supports WIST, wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
• AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
• AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
• Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for for iMPC owners
• Route to and use with your favorite Tabletop Effects and devices
• Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices
• Use with Tabletop's Timeline Editor
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Added French Language support.
Avoid, Avoid - don't go pro, either
I bought this app a long time ago. This is an app riding on the name of Akai, but it isn't Akai and what most serious 16-pad folk want is SOLID MIDI FUNCTIONALITY. Since iMPC Pro does not have that, and even the customer support of the developers couldn't tell me whether or not I could hook up my MPD24 thru the cam connect kit, I advise against this. For those who want midi, Beatmaker 2 is better than this in every single way. For those who want a quick and easy interface, iMASCHINE is better than this IN EVERY SINGLE WAY. DO NOT BUY.
The real deal
This app is full fledge all you need in terms of sampling and beat making in the fly. I'm still intimidated by pro but adjusting to the learning curve with this beast of an app! I find myself switching back and forth discovering new features at every turn
Great for fast easy solution percussion tracks
I bought this app some time ago and it has been great for percussion tracks. It's quick and easy. The sounds are decent. Love the app. Thinking about getting the Pro version. Enjoy.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 08, 2014
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 306 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Akai Professional
- © 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.