Turn your iPad into an MPC with more than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow.
Need help? Have an issue or question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iMPC brings the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPad. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily. With features including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats, the possibilities are endless. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPad, using the line input on the iPad, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Use with Tabletop’s Timeline Editor
- Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for for iMPC owners
- Route to and use with your favorite Tabletop Effects and devices
- Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop program creation
- Effects include delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note - 1/32T timing, with latch
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
- AudioPaste samples from hundreds of compatible apps
Check out our other apps in the MPC Collection: iMPC for iPhone and iMPC Pro 2. Happy music making!
Here's a full list of all of the bug fixes and performance improvements included. If you're happy with this update, please leave us a review. :) If you have questions, feel free to email our support team at email@example.com.
New in this version:
- Tap Tempo, "Clone and Edit Sound", and sequence number labels are no longer cut off on some iPad/OS combinations
- Fixed crash in news feed when scrolling through SoundCloud Following list
- Fixed crash when disabling the Bitcrusher
- Users are no longer able to attempt a SoundCloud upload with no track name (error 422)
- Fixed bug in which sometimes tracks were uploaded to SoundCloud as Private when Public was selected
- Fixed infinite spinner over news feed button that happened sometimes
- "More Compatible Apps" menu now functions properly again
- Green SoundCloud success checkmark no longer appears when the SoundCloud upload has failed
- Fixed blank screen that could occur when going to and from the sampler in Program Editor
- MIDI is not sent out to other software running in the background on the iPad when pads are hit
- Various small tweaks here and there
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t usually write reviews, but felt compelled to review this app after using it many times.
While using the app, it will frequently crash to the home screen on my iPad.
While making a beat, I have begun to notice that the app will sometimes rearrange my hits without me doing anything. It is safe, it just has a mind of its own to change my heads.
On the iPhone version that I have, the tempo of my beat is much faster when the headphones are unplugged, even though I have not change the tempo. The correct tempo will play when the headphone jack is in use. This does not happen on my iPad.
These features impair some of the functionality. I cannot recommend this app until more bug fixes improving use.
Additionally, I’m not sure whether the app will allow importing tracks from device to device. I had to remake all of my beat on my new iPad because I could not figure out a way to export them from my iPhone, and import them into my iPad.
Already Great / On The Verge Of Amazing
There is So much to love about iMPC: The contained samples are inspiring which is no small thing: Most beats apps have sufficient stock sounds - iMPC has KILLER stock sounds. As importantly as that there are a LOT of ways to be creative and get really deep editing beats here - the latest updates have added a new level of possibilities and if this continues to evolve iMPC could be an app in a category all its own. Looking forward: Audiobus support would turn iMPC into an even more expressive / flexible instrument. Attack / Release settings per sample if not full ADSR settings would multiply the personal touch possibilities of samples in general and Grid-edit with per-step data control would launch this into the same sacred realm as the physical MPC's that have inspired this app as well as a few generations of dedicated users. One small request for the UI now: the pencil icon for getting to the Pads / Program editing page is small enough that missing it when trying to tap it slows an otherwise great workflow - given that users are continuously switching between the Performance main page and the Pads Edit page to tweak samples and settings it would be great if the icon that swaps between the two didn't require a delicate aim to trigger. All said: a LOT of love for iMPC and huge hopes for further developments and features. Thank you Retronyms.
Small minor things
This is a pretty good app. Its straight to the point. I think its great the way it is. The minor things i would like to see is when i file share with itunes we should have the option of creating folders so our sounds are more organized and easier to create programs. Also being able to make chop points and have the option of spanning across the 16 pads automatically. But i love the turntable...ultimate classic. When importing from ipod library there should be a preview button of whats listed instead of having to select one by one what i want to sample. Other than that this is one hell of an app escpecially for getting ideas out. Keep it just 16 pads. Its what also makes it original. Maybe you guys can hook up a beat store to purchase drums and breaks. You def have to add more banks even if you have to switch banks from the ipad screen for those who have the Fly thats a small issue. I dont think you need a sequencer just add a sequencer screen like the 2k, 1k where we can see the tracks and sequences for better organizing of our music. Im sure theres updates to come. Keep it up guys. Great job.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.