By Akai Professional
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
To celebrate the launch of our new iMPC packs we are making iMPC for iPad even more affordable for a limited time. Our range of high quality iMPC packs start at just $9.99 and open a whole new world of sample content
iMPC for iPad
MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPad
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
Turn your iPad into an MPC. With more than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPad. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPad, using the line input on the iPad, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
• More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
• Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
• Sample from iPad mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
• Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
• In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
• Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
• 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
• Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
• Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop program creation
• Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
• Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
• Supports WIST, wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
• AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
• AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
• Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for for iMPC owners
• Route to and use with your favorite Tabletop Effects and devices
• Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices
• Use with Tabletop's Timeline Editor
What's New in Version 1.4
iMPC Reigns superior
Open letter to Retronyms:
The iMPC app was ahead of its time...in 2013.
Unfortunately the decision to focus on the iMPC Pro, which pales in comparison to the original, has not proven successful.
The iMPC's note repeat, pitch slider, cpu performance, and output to a mastered product is far superior than its predecessor the iMPC Pro.
iMPC pushes a beat maker to think outside the box and challenges artists to 'create more using less'.
The lack of having an edit window/a visual arrangement actually pushed my creativity to new heights. The simple tools and easy workflow of the iMPC helped me craft tracks in minutes.
Furthermore, from a customer standpoint, the most valuable aspect of the iMPC was an inter-app link to SoundCloud - this allowed the iMPC community to follow, like, comment and repost in realtime to SoundCloud within the iMPC app. However, over time this feature has been unreliable and glitch-ridden.
From a business standpoint, when the link to SoundCloud was working within the iMPC app a strong iMPC community of beat makers began to grow. iMPC users saw an increase in the amount of views/plays and it was a value added - incentivizing customer loyalty.
RETRONYMS! Could we please get an UPDATE to the original iMPC app?
iMPC Pro was nice and all, but for real - its nothing but a shiny shell of the what the iMPC original had to offer.
Kindly reconsider updating the app to its full-working order.
I love the app. I can make loops & tracks on the go. My question is, with the impc is there a way I can create folders to save loops for the bands I play with instead of scrolling to find the Track I'm looking for? Can some reply?!? & does the Pro have folders??
Not bad for portable on the fly
If you are used to the standard MP functionality, u may be a bit disappointed. It's dope as far as something to do on the fly, I bought it strictly for the portability and I use it with the MPC Fly. There's only 4 tracks per sequence and there's no song mode. Still kind of cool for the enthusiast tho.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 29, 2015
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 307 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Akai Professional
- © 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.